Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Taking a shot.....100 6m....and i play OOP

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really CC Axs much, so hand 2 I tend to fold preflop. As played flop is an easy raise with that draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

I'm min-raising your button every time.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 AM

Oh by the way OP, I don't think you're anywhere near as bad as a lot of people are saying. You made a loose call OOP with Q7s getting 2-to-1. Sure, I think it's a mistake, but it's the only major mistake you made. None of the rest of your play was overly bad IMO.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:57 AM

Cue ball,

Thanks for the comments. I tend to like to play post flop (and I realize the fact that I *like* to do something doesn't let me make excuses for possible bad decisions lol) but still it was a loose call. I am really only kicking myself for the turn play in hand 1....I think bet/call (assuming raise) is much better than c/c or c/f.

Hand 2 I didn't want to raise flop cause I had position and only would put more $ in if I make my hand. On turn I debated raising but decided I wanted to increase the pot size so villain may be more inclined to call a river bet. On the river, I should have bet 2/3 pot or so instead of full. The river card also was an action killer so to speak.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 AM

Postflop:
I usually lead the flop for $8-11. Is this bad?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:45 AM

Hand 1, as played, I would squeeze on flop raising to about $60 instead of calling.

Hand 2, I think you are playing too passive. You are not going to win many pots where you don't hit your hand this way..
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 AM

Jesus. Is this move up and play the hands worst way possible day?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:08 AM

hey yellow doyle

a few things
1) from reading cue balls posts in this thread i can tell his advice here is generally bad
2) cueball if you disagree that is cool, whatev
3) hand 1 is an obv fold pf and an obv flop c/r
4) hand 2, if he raised to 3.5-4xbb is a call pf ONLY IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT which is highly questionable, so I'd be in the habit of folding to raises w/ Axs for the time being. Obv since its a minraise its an easy call.
5) hand 2 is an easy raise on the turn, two pairs/sets/all sorts of junk love to stack off even though it seems obvious that you have a frush
Old 02-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Hand 1 fold preflop. Since you called, you hit the flush draw your looking for, check raise and try to take it down. Hit your flush, and continue putting pressure on turn. Even if your draw misses on turn, continue to play aggressive unless its a nasty card.

Hand 2...You mentioned you like playing small pots. Raise this flop and take down the pot then, or get it all in. Against an over pair, your You have a ton of outs. Against KK your 60/40 favorite, against AA your 53/47, and against a set your only 40/60 dog. Get the money in.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey yellow doyle

a few things
1) from reading cue balls posts in this thread i can tell his advice here is generally bad
2) cueball if you disagree that is cool, whatev
3) hand 1 is an obv fold pf and an obv flop c/r
4) hand 2, if he raised to 3.5-4xbb is a call pf ONLY IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT which is highly questionable, so I'd be in the habit of folding to raises w/ Axs for the time being. Obv since its a minraise its an easy call.
5) hand 2 is an easy raise on the turn, two pairs/sets/all sorts of junk love to stack off even though it seems obvious that you have a frush

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Disagree
2) Agree
3) Agree
4) Agree
5) Agree

I don't understand the personal attack, but my post was simply saying that the posts of "WTF worst possible way to play" are a little unfair.

I said his play wasn't "overly bad", but yeah there were mistakes. I fold that Q7 every time and raise that flush every single time. I'd also c/r hand one flop like 70-80% of the time, occasionally calling to mix it up.

The general consensus seemed to be that OP was hopeless, but most of his mistakes can easily be explained by being a little timid and unsure at a new limit. Just didn't think he was as bad as people were saying. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he is a lost cause, but I think that's a little unfair.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 AM

cueball,

When I saw these hands I thought it was a jopke at first, they are almost misplayed on every street.