Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: teens dump water on elderly x3- hillarious (they think)

Let's not over-react here guys. I agree it was cruel, but murdering these guys and watching them die from hypothermia is a little overboard. Save those punishments for people fleecing the elderly for their entire life savings or molesting children. These old people just got wet, and they are in a place where they can get immediate medical care and are taken care of.

Again, I am not trying to justify what these punks did, this was a very mean thing to do to an old person, but you guys are over-reacting just a bit.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:35 PM

throw liquidboss in a bottomless pit!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So they charged a 16 year old kid with felony stalking and want to try him as an adult for this? And they're gonna charge his friends with aiding and abetting? WTF.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

On the one hand, terrorizing a group of people who are unable to defend themselves is inexcusable.

On the other, a felony conviction on their records would pretty much send their lives down the crapper. Kiss the prospect of getting a decent job or finding an apartment to rent goodbye. Prison time would likely turn them into "real" criminals.

They'll probably plea down to a misdemenor charge with community service in the same nursing home.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:38 PM

It's those damn video games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So they charged a 16 year old kid with felony stalking and want to try him as an adult for this? And they're gonna charge his friends with aiding and abetting? WTF.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

On the one hand, terrorizing a group of people who are unable to defend themselves is inexcusable.

On the other, a felony conviction on their records would pretty much send their lives down the crapper. Kiss the prospect of getting a decent job or finding an apartment to rent goodbye. Prison time would likely turn them into "real" criminals.

They'll probably plea down to a misdemenor charge with community service in the same nursing home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreee with this. Felony's repersucssions = too harsh. Misdemeanor's repercussions = not harsh enough. I think this is the blurry zone where public flogging has its place.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 PM

By 16 a normal human being shouldn't do this over and over. The instigator really really needs counseling, he's obviously a sociopath. If they just toss him in a prison for a few years and then let him out he's going to get a whole lot worse.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreee with this. Felony = too harsh. Misdemeanor = not harsh enough. I think this is the blurry zone where public flogging has its place.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial reaction aside (it was meant more as a joke), I agree that charging these kids as adults is a big mistake. I was actually thinking about this earlier, that the best punishment would probably be for the kids to be spanked on their bare asses by the geriatrics they threw ice-water on.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:53 PM

guys, I can't help but find this hilarious. Me and my brothers splash water in eachothers faces usually every 2-3 months, and it is always hilarious. Yes its totally different and inappropraite here, but I am still laughing.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreee with this. Felony's repersucssions = too harsh. Misdemeanor's repercussions = not harsh enough. I think this is the blurry zone where public flogging has its place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed... The thought of these kids having to explain on every job application their felony charges for throwing water on someone sounds too harsh to me. Now if someone could prove to me that there was a major medical problem this could have caused, or if it was done out in the wilderness somewhere where the elderly could have had trouble staying warm I could go for it, but getting a old person wet and cold shouldn't be a felony.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish we lived in a more savage society, where they would do us all a favor and off these kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we lived in more savage society, wouldnt they be praised and not prosecuted? Quite a paradox..