Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 02:50 AM
 is offline

Default Re: weak play folding top set? NL50

Truly terrible play man. I would have pushed the turn All in after opponents raise. If he had flopped flush then so be it, there was possibility to still make a full house.

As you yourself suggested it, this was a weak play. Weak play as the books describe it.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how good odds there has to be if you are sure that you are beat but your hand is too strong to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are 99% sure that you are beat and there is no possibility to draw out, no odds in the world are good enough to call a bet.
Thing is, that many players will bet on the river with holdings that you don't expect. Busted flush draws, lower sets and even 2pairs that don't realize the danger or think: he didn't flop the flush and a 4th flush didn't come. And he certainly didn't draw for the runner runner straight, or that don't think at all. So you have to estimate how often that will happen. Then getting 5:1 odds, meaning that this has to happen only about 17% of the time is very good and you need to make a judgement call if villain is stupid or aggressive enough.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:01 AM

LOLOLOLO

Sick jopke?

Pot flop. Shove turn.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why to push the turn? He isnt going to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....

Because we have a [censored] top set?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:27 AM

You played that fine. At NL $25, I often moved all-in on the flop in these situations at got calles by flush draws or pairs + flush draws. But I never tried it at NL $50. But your play is good here.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how good odds there has to be if you are sure that you are beat but your hand is too strong to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

This good.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You played that fine. At NL $25, I often moved all-in on the flop in these situations at got calles by flush draws or pairs + flush draws. But I never tried it at NL $50. But your play is good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^Why do you say his play is good here?

Definitely pot the flop so you make a strong diamond pay to see more. I also agree with most other posters that pushing the turn is ideal. I highly doubt he flopped a flush either, especially with such a weak bet at the river, unless he does not care about getting paid off, and if he did, pay it off, you have great odds and you can not be 100% certain you are beat, especially with the way this was played out. I really dont see the straight either because he would have had to be holding 4 7 unless he chased runner runner, which I would not see too much at this limit, especially with a monotone board. Not calling this river bet is bad, but listen to the other posters about pushing the turn.

How many of you would call if the villain raised all-in at the flop? I have flopped a set manytimes on a monotone board and the villain has pushed, once in a while they hold the flush, which sucks but you still have a TON of outs, but many times he just holds one of the suit's and is hoping to draw out. I would definitely call it everytime with top set-monotone board I think.