Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Question for SitNHit

[ QUOTE ]

I guess some wisdom is a disguised form of brilliance and some intelligence is a diguised form of stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense and really isn't even relevant; now just answer the OP.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 AM

He did predict the Cival War didn't he? Or was that just a lucky guess? Did you see what you just said, he said it was going to happen and it did, are you going to just dismiss that?. As for the Cival War itself, I never payed attention history class.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:54 AM

I think I should spend my life trying to find things false about peoples beliefs and then showing it to them and ask for a answer on the spot. I think that would be time well spent and lead to a happy meaningful life. I also think that I would be an asset to society and my fellow man.

Signed
2+2 S,M&P Posters aka smart people, aka intelligent, aka have intelligence, aka smart, oh we said that already, just want to remind you were smart, aka can't fool us, aka Athiest, aka likes to read books about why God doesn't exist, aka wasteland.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That whole webpage was pretty interesting. On the last page the author gives a brief history of how he came across his information and how it lead to him leaving the Mormon church (as well as his wife and family later).
Unfortunately I lost a lot of respect for the author on that page. He questions his religion for the first time and finds out is a sham and then decides that Christianity is true. He even hints that he believes Jesus cured him of Parkinson's as some sort of reward for leaving the Mormon church. Guess it will take another 30 years before he puts up Paullied.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a guy I should be taking seriouslsy.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He did predict the Cival War didn't he? Or was that just a lucky guess?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it wasn't a lucky guess. Pretty much every contempory newspaper, was making the same guess.

As far as a civil war history lesson, I'll let other's more qualified elaborate.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:15 AM

SitNHit, can you please answer questions pointed to you rationally or just go away. All you've done in this thread is trivially dismiss a question or claim the person posing it to be of faux intelligence.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:50 AM

SitNHit, do you think a reasonable person should be skeptical based on this information?
Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 AM

I think a reasonable person should follow there feelings.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think I should spend my life trying to find things false about peoples beliefs and then showing it to them and ask for a answer on the spot. I think that would be time well spent and lead to a happy meaningful life. I also think that I would be an asset to society and my fellow man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitnhit,
Your welcome to your beliefs, and for the most part I think those beliefs do you and every other believer a great deal of good. Your involvement in this forum began when other posters were trying to have a rational discussion on why other Christians think Mormons are nuts. Nearly every poster said positive things about the Mormon church and it’s beliefs and I think the general consensus was that perhaps it was the other Christians that were nuts - at least the ones criticizing Mormon philosophy.

Then you showed up, and rather than counter, mildly bad references to your church, you began by calling people liars etc. You never once gave any rational reasons for your points of view. Many people thought you were intentionally trolling. I’m sure that you genuinely believe in your faith, but other’s don’t. So try to look at things from their perspective, and rather than attack them personally, either don’t post, or post a logical rebuttal to their queries. I hate to say this, but any mildly negative thoughts on this forum regarding the Mormon church, would have died out long ago, with no one really remembering much of it. But your involvement has actually made some peoples opinions worse for your specific belief.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He did predict the Cival War didn't he? Or was that just a lucky guess?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it wasn't a lucky guess. Pretty much every contempory newspaper, was making the same guess.

As far as a civil war history lesson, I'll let other's more qualified elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be my last post cause it doesn't benefit me in my opinion to discuss my feelings the way you guys discuss yours any further. Don't bother addressing me I won't be reading the forum anymore as well so you won't get the satisfaction of me reading your posts or opinions any further. It may seem like I am running, but why choose to come to a place where people tell you your wrong, doesn't make much sense to me unless you believe your wrong as well and want to be enlightend.

I hope you find something to live for, even if it's not the truth, anything good is better then nothing.

So the last thing I will say is, all in all your just another brick in the wall................