Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: plastic surgery in thailand

good idea i will check that out.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:26 PM

I know people go to 3rd world countries to get dental work done all the time. I don't think it's a bad idea. Make sure you do your research, talk to others etc...

But I hope you are not planning on taking her to Thailand without telling her about this surgery before hand.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:43 PM

no i would def tell her beforehand to make sure she really wanted to do it.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 PM

also, alot of women have this fat accumulation under their chin. it totally kills their side profile. i have seen alot of women who even when they lose weight, don't lose that glob.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, alot of women have this fat accumulation under their chin. it totally kills their side profile. i have seen alot of women who even when they lose weight, don't lose that glob.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know what you mean. she's real skinny, no real weight to lose so surgery is probably her best bet if she wants to improve it. it looks normal when her chin is kinda pointed up but when her head is down it looks a little weird.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Yeah, looks-wise, this is the main reason never to get fat even once. You can get rid of everything but still have a double chin. Once it's there, it seems very few men or women ever get rid of it no matter how skinny they get later. Seen lots of gorgeous women with double chins because of that.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:47 PM

I would recommend doing it in India, (no joke).
The medical service in India is prolly only second to U.S.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:13 PM

Plastic surgery abroad is a bit more of a risk because surgeons there are not regulated as tightly as they are in the US in terms of credentials, getting periodically re-certified, etc. However, there are a ton of fantastic surgeons elsewhere, and it will probably be much cheaper if it's elective procedure not covered by insurance (which I'm assuming this falls under). The most important thing is not the country but the specific surgeon itself. What I would do is research some Thai surgery centers, if that's where you choose to go, and ask them for names of past clients to see what they thought. Obviously there's some selection bias as they're not going to give you the name of someone who had a horrendous result. But if they refuse to share names of people willing to be contacted to talk about the practice, be wary. As person to person recommendation is often the biggest way for these guys to get new clients, they should be more than happy to offer up some contacts. You can ask these people how the experience was, the cleanliness of the place, professionalism, etc.