Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: curious dog behavior. any experts?

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the previous trainer, who trained it to obey so obiediently, trained it never to kiss her. The dog recognizes your GF as the new "alpha" female and doesn't think it should kiss her?

I dunno, just a theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds like what I imagine it would be too. maybe someone has had the same experience. and, yeah the previous breeder and owner. I don't know what that was like. the breeder bred and dealt for shows, but also let all the dogs in the house to hang out together and with the family. but she did crate train them. I don't know how strict she really was. And then at some point someone bought him to show, so he lived with them for a short while. And I hear that dog showing owners often treat their dogs pretty impersonally. GF got him when he was about 10 months. So who knows what happened to him in that time. For instance, although his walking behavior is rather deviate when you don't keep on top of him. when you do get strict, he seems to have an acquired behavior or coming around your left side and behind you to get to heel. Still, his generally good-manneredness seems instinctual to me.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:53 PM

Nice dog. Here's a funny Boston site if you haven't seen it:

http://www.boston-terrier-challenge.com/

It's funny how they have such specific behaviors. They don't just destroy toys in any and every way possible. Of these two, one is obsessed with killing squeakers ("I bite and bite and bite...until the squeeking stops!") and the other identifies the seem, opens it, and tears out all stuffing. Tucker actually has both of these behaviors. (We gave up after he de-stuffed his second kennel pillow.)
Old 02-23-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And it's not that he's gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...okay, that was funny.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:28 PM

I saw an episode of that Dog Whisperer guy once, so that qualifies me. Indifference is a sign of dominance. The dog kisses you and others as a sign of submission. He may think he is of higher rank than your gf.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw an episode of that Dog Whisperer guy once, so that qualifies me. Indifference is a sign of dominance. The dog kisses you and others as a sign of submission. He may think he is of higher rank than your gf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's good! I don't think this possibility would have occurred to me.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 PM

I also have a Boston Terrier (Female), and her tongue is hyperactive. Actually I have grown up with them all my life and don't think I've ever seen a Boston that doesn't have a hyper tongue.

Great dogs aren't they? She's an excellent companion to my 95 LB German Shepherd as well.

Good luck!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost certainly the case.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:16 AM

It was one of the better answers I've seen lately. I'm buyin' it.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well done everyone with the beard on the GF and the rainbow collar. (GF likes being in liberal and multi-cultural type groups, so she made him a pawn of her ideologizing (jk). Originally she got a rainbow leash too, but that was too much even for her (and I told her I had to walk the dog too and didn't want to get gay-beaten.))

[/ QUOTE ]

evidently your dog hasn't forgiven her for making him look gay yet - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rb
Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well done everyone with the beard on the GF and the rainbow collar. (GF likes being in liberal and multi-cultural type groups, so she made him a pawn of her ideologizing (jk). Originally she got a rainbow leash too, but that was too much even for her (and I told her I had to walk the dog too and didn't want to get gay-beaten.))

[/ QUOTE ]

evidently your dog hasn't forgiven her for making him look gay yet - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rb

[/ QUOTE ]

well according to my observations, he is a practicing bi-sexual (or tries to be)...