Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Starting over AND getting a student !!

Hello there, thanks for doing this.

Usual story, nothing exiting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Started playing live freerolls a year ago. Followed by 20-50NL home games. Won a few hundred. Put $10 on PokerRoom. Run hot at 25PL. Busted. Realized I was doing something wrong. Went through tons of literature - Brunson, Harrington, Sklansky. Put some money on Party, starting with 5NL fullring. Started digging the forum. Got tracker and pahud. Run through some cardrunners videos, extremely helpful. Quickly moved up. Cashed out after the new year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Got some money on Tribeca and Stars (thanks iStrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Currently playing 10NL 6max on Tribeca. Ideally I see myself playing on Party and UB (mainly due to the software), but right now bankroll is the primary concern for me so perhaps I am going to bonus whore on Cryptos and Ongame in the nearest futue.

Basically my plan is to move up to 400NL within a year, making comfortable living from 4 tabling 20 hours a week while I study at the university. And, if everything goes the way I hope, become a 5/10 regular in 2 years time.

ps About 30k hands total at 7ptbb, mainly 10NL.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm.. how can I express how much I want some-sort of a mentor?

Oké, the one and only reason I want a mentor for (non-paid.. i'm not richy rich) is because I want to achieve as much as possible playing poker. But I think I can make more progress with some-sort of a mentor then without.

I don't know what to write to convince you... but heck, it's your dicision.

Limit? 25NL
Site? PartyPoker/Full Tilt
Hours/day? 2/3
Experience? Like 6 months, 1 month really serious.
Roll? 800$.

[/ QUOTE ]
And where do you want to end up in say a year time? (goals are very important)

[ QUOTE ]
I just bought the full version about 3 hours ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome I hope you enjoy it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
i eventually want to learn all forms of poker, i switched to NL because i wanted a little change. I played limit as high as 1/2, my NL25 winrate is 18 ptbb/100 (only 5000 hands though so im not really that confident) and NL50 winrate is 2 ptbb/100 (3000 hands)

[/ QUOTE ]
Those are actually quite decent winrates although a low sample size, nice work !!

[ QUOTE ]
Hello there, thanks for doing this.

Usual story, nothing exiting

Started playing live freerolls a year ago. Followed by 20-50NL home games. Won a few hundred. Put $10 on PokerRoom. Run hot at 25PL. Busted. Realized I was doing something wrong. Went through tons of literature - Brunson, Harrington, Sklansky. Put some money on Party, starting with 5NL fullring. Started digging the forum. Got tracker and pahud. Run through some cardrunners videos, extremely helpful. Quickly moved up. Cashed out after the new year Got some money on Tribeca and Stars (thanks iStrong . Currently playing 10NL 6max on Tribeca. Ideally I see myself playing on Party and UB (mainly due to the software), but right now bankroll is the primary concern for me so perhaps I am going to bonus whore on Cryptos and Ongame in the nearest futue.

Basically my plan is to move up to 400NL within a year, making comfortable living from 4 tabling 20 hours a week while I study at the university. And, if everything goes the way I hope, become a 5/10 regular in 2 years time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious, what kind of study are you doing at the university?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:50 AM

In a year time.. hmm.

I don't know what's reasonable.. But I guess at least 100/200NL. But I think with the effort I'm willing to put in (like I have anything else to do then poker while I'm injured (use to play soccer) and yes, I'm saying this to convince you) more is possible too. But that's dreaming for now. My goal is just to move up as fast and as good as possible.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a year time.. hmm.

I don't know what's reasonable.. But I guess at least 100/200NL. But I think with the effort I'm willing to put in (like I have anything else to do then poker while I'm injured (use to play soccer) and yes, I'm saying this to convince you) more is possible too. But that's dreaming for now. My goal is just to move up as fast and as good as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Having goals both in poker and life is very important for your development. With a goal you know what your working for and its like a present you get when you reach it (a sense of accomplishment).

I just noticed your also from the netherlands so thats a plus. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:56 AM

Telecom engineering.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Limit: Right now $10NL, I'm just about rolled for $25 and have had success taking my shots there.
Site: Bodog
Experience: Roughly 10 months of NL hold 'em, the past 4 months I've been playing seriously.
Goals with poker: By the time I graduate college (2 years from now), I'd like to be able to do this for a sustainable income and be able to support myself through exclusively poker if I have to.
Roll: $400

Basically, my short poker career goes like this. I used to donk around with the free $50 I could get from affiliates at party, but I didn't really know what I was doing. Since they've shut down, I've played on Paradise and Bodog. I've crushed the $10NL games for some time now, but I've had to cash out for various expenses so unfortunately I'm not rolled for higher stakes. I've been reading a ton of 2+2 and books when I get a chance, and I feel I've improved my game significantly. Most importantly, poker has become my #1 passion. I play probably 35-40 hours a week and enjoy every minute of it, as long as I'm not running horribly. I recently purchased a HUD that has helped me out tremendously. I'm able to identify which players I can get with calling down light, and who's raises I should respect more than others. I feel much more "in tune" with the game now than I ever have at any point in my life. OTOH, I still feel I could improve a lot and I know I have leaks in my game that need to be corrected.

I'd like to move up to $25NL within the next couple of weeks, and be at $50NL shortly thereafter, and continue to move up limits at a consistent pace. I'd definitely appreciate someone who I could correspond with regularly concerning hands I felt I misplayed, etc. So even if you don't choose me as a student, if I could still get in contact with you for some brief advice, that would help me out a lot.

-Shaqalicious
Old 02-22-2007, 11:03 AM

1) What site do you play? Ongame/Party
2) What limits do you play? NL25
3) Experience? Played for almost a year online now, seriously since Aug 06, still havent been able to move up from NL25.. roll around $800
4) Goals with poker? want to reach atleast NL100 by Easter (cant see it happening) and my aim is NL200/NL400, I'd love to be at one of these limits before the summer.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Great idea, this will make someone really happy.

I am not looking for a mentor but more someone to have good discussions with, also someone who knows the stakes and how it feels to move up. Hmm. Same as a mentor I guess.

I started with poker 1,5 year ago at Everest Poker, played freeroll sng's there (limit) where you can win $0,05. I played 50 of them when I didn't know anything about poker and won like 20. Then I read HOH1 and 2, played a $200 freeroll and placed 6th out of 1000 and won $22. This put my roll at $25. I then played 2NL and went on a heather to $100, played 10NL till $250 and 25NL till 600. 50NL till $700 and then busto!

This sequence happened at least a dozen times. With limit, PLO, stud. Everytime I went busto (playing 200NL/PLO or above) I spend 2 months reading and learning and thinking: This time, I will do it right!

And here I am, reading and posting the last 4 months on 2p2. I started with a $15 gift from a friend a week ago and got it up $330 till now with decent winrates.

I can beat 25NL easily but don't have the roll for it just yet. But will have it in 2 weeks or so, untill then taking shots. I will grind 25NL till my BR becomes 1000/1200$ and try 50NL, which won't be to hard. After 3/4 months I want to be a 100NL regular with a roll of 3/4k. After a year, a 400NL reg or higher.

I'll take everything that is going to help me accomplish this.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 AM

1) What site do you play?

At the moment I'm playing at UB cause I'm trying to clear their signup bonus. I have played at Partypoker, Stars, Eurobet, Interpoker and Pokerplex before.

2) What limits do you play?
I just moved up to NL50 after spending a long time at NL10 and NL25. I'm currently breakeven over 8000 hands. I am a big bankroll nit so I've been overrolled for nl25 forever.

3) Experience?

I started playing poker two years ago during a vacation but I didn't know anything about poker except the rules, I quickly spent a couple of grands before I decided to become a student of the game. I started managing my bankroll and my first account was on Eurobet playing NL10 fullring, after beating that game thorougly I decided to try my luck at NL25 FR which also went ok! I even managed to uphold a decent ptbb/100 while 8 tabling. At around this point a friend of mine started punking me for playing fullring and I decided to make the shift from fullring to shorthanded play. I wasn't nearly as succesful but I decided to stick it out with the low (still positive) bb/100. I grinded a lot of hands and became more and more comfortable even though I did not win as much as I feel I should have. My bankroll was still growing steadily and about 10-14 days ago I switched to NL50 and Ultimatebet in order to play their 650$ bonus. And that's where I'm at now.

4) Goals with poker (for instance what limits are you trying to reach)?

I am aiming for the stars, I wan't to be able to have a balla lifestyle while studying at the university which I'm doing atm. I strive for perfection and I want to reach my max potential be it NL400 or NL200000!

5) You need a drive to improve

I am a very dedicated player and I really, really want to improve! I have an optimal setup for poker and a desire to become the best.

6) I am considering posting some of our conversations here in uNL and ssnl if they contain a good discussion, if you guys are interested in this anyway.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I just want some tools to improve my play and beat the micros, ssnl and msnl!

Hope to hear from you! If you need personal information about me you can send me a pm.

Best wishes
SnappyJ
Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 AM

deleted
Closed Thread