Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: 2k to 200k challenge

Why would you post all these? Btw, I don't play 1/2 like I normally play poker. I am mainly [censored] around with these guys and playing super LAG psychotic poker because these guys are idiots who are so transparent with their hands, they might as well tell me what they have in chat box.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 PM

fwiw, making 2200 in 2 days at 200nl is not hard and could easily be variance. The hands you have played seem like massive variance bluffs and have seemed to have gone your way. You have also won a lot of pots when calling big re-raises with tiny scs and winning the rare huge pots.

33 was unlucky but... will villain call a c/r and 3 streets with AK / AA this deep? If you think so it's fine, if you don't think so just c/c lead lead, or c/c chcek re-eval.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 PM

no need to be arrogant while running good at these stakes tbh.

You say you are running bad at poker, I point out some hands, the tone seems very arrogant etc.

I mean, your playing bad from the shown hands and then saying "I can probably beat this game with no cards. The games are so easy it's ridiculous." is just dumb.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 PM

I've been beating 10/20 for about a year now. I know how to play poker. I know what variance is. Don't lecture me. Half the plays I pull at these tables I wouldn't even think about at 10/20. I just do it because 1/2 is easy as [censored]. I'm going out right now though.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been beating 10/20 for about a year now. I know how to play poker. I know what variance is. Don't lecture me. Half the plays I pull at these tables I wouldn't even think about at 10/20. I just do it because 1/2 is easy as [censored]. I'm going out right now though.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 is easy, no need to make mistakes though :s

Thing is, I am pretty sure people think you are good and will read your blog thinking "zomg that is a good move I'll do it"

A lot of bluffs have to really be worked on game dynamic / opponent and board texture and a lot of the regulars of 1/2 maybe others playing lower will try adopt these moves without really understanding why and when they should make them.

I would imagine you did this to be helpful somewhat and not to show off and I would imagine that people especially trying to learn would rather learn from someone who is not "[censored] about"
Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 PM

I know, I don't mean to sound rude at all. Sorry if it came off that way. If you read my first entry, I said I'm doing this partially to get back into poker again. Lately, I haven't enjoyed poker, its been more of a grind. I don't wake up wanting to play, I wake up having to play. I feel playing a crazy maniac style at lower limits while doing this challenge will help me get back into it. I put in a 5 hr session today. That's probably the longest cash game session I've ever done online. I had a great time playing and enjoyed it. This is the kind of reaction I was looking for with this competition partially and if raising about 40% of pots is the way to do that, I'm going to continue to have fun that way. By the way, I ran pretty bad so far in this competition IMO.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 is easy, no need to make mistakes though :s

Thing is, I am pretty sure people think you are good and will read your blog thinking "zomg that is a good move I'll do it"

A lot of bluffs have to really be worked on game dynamic / opponent and board texture and a lot of the regulars of 1/2 maybe others playing lower will try adopt these moves without really understanding why and when they should make them.

I would imagine you did this to be helpful somewhat and not to show off and I would imagine that people especially trying to learn would rather learn from someone who is not "[censored] about"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya... I can see what you mean now... I didn't really make this blog to help people out persay though... Edit: I made it so that I can keep track and others can keep track. I felt if I didn't make this public, I would have simply lost motivation and there would be no pressure on me to go on with it. I mean if some people get help from it, great, I tell all my friends about it so that it may help them. But I usually describe how I'm playing before I post hands and I'm sure everyone reading will understand that I'm playing wayyyyy too loose.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:42 AM

i got couple question for you

1. how many tables do u play at once?
2. how many hands have u played so far?
3. what is ur winrate at BB/100 hands?
4. wat is ur vpip/pfr... how loose do u play preflop
Old 02-24-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i got couple question for you

1. how many tables do u play at once?
2. how many hands have u played so far?
3. what is ur winrate at BB/100 hands?
4. wat is ur vpip/pfr... how loose do u play preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use PT or PAHUD. I know I should but to be honest, it's such a hassle to me. I've been 6 tabling.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:37 PM

When u say that u ran terrible and still ran a plus ~2k or 9 buy in session my only comment is that if its truly that easy and this risk free that on ur worst days u can make ~300 an hour while risking very little and on ur best days make maybe 1.5x or 2x that if u ran as bad as you say then why not just play 1/2 or 2/4 nl all the time making an easy 1 or 2k per day risking nothing? obviously i understand that you probably enjoy challenging yourself hence a quest like this but still i think you are being a tad arrogant about the levels where you are staring i have no doubt you are better than them but to run awful as u say adn still run a circa ten buy in session seems a bit much