Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: 2 overpairs, odd line

gm, i c/c flop with just about all types of hands tho i usually play my strong hands and draws fast.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:20 PM

The first check behind on the turn is fine. I hate getting c/r'ed when the ace hits and having to call down. The other thing I've noticed is that most people who call the turn w/a weak pair fold when the ace hits as they assume you have AK. I'd prolly just call the river b/c the 7 adds to strait draws, and 2 pair possibilities

hand 2 I think is just FPS. Bet the turn, like everyone else said, there are many bad river cards and too much value to be missed by checking the turn
Old 02-22-2007, 01:54 AM

I don't like the plays, but I can see how once in a blue moon it could be good to pull this if you play with the villians very often.

I might do something like this in a heads up match to throw them off and dicourage river bluffing if I check the turn.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 AM

I'm not sure there is much value in the river raise in hand 1. Calling is better IMO.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:44 AM

That's fine I don't like them that much either, just thinking out loud with these hands. thanks.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first check behind on the turn is fine. I hate getting c/r'ed when the ace hits and having to call down. The other thing I've noticed is that most people who call the turn w/a weak pair fold when the ace hits as they assume you have AK. I'd prolly just call the river b/c the 7 adds to strait draws, and 2 pair possibilities

hand 2 I think is just FPS. Bet the turn, like everyone else said, there are many bad river cards and too much value to be missed by checking the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

PLUS, hand 1 i think it's better to call river. checking hand 1 is fine since we have kk.

hand 2 is a turn bet. too many over cards.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
value bet and win a small pot cause villain folded is far superior to checking and giving a free card and losing a big pot on the river because villain caught a 2-5 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on river bluffing frequency as well as the % that he makes a a worse pair on the river (with something like Q9 that he folds on turn) and will bet/ call a river bet.

FWIW, i think hand 1 check is fine, but i don't get the raise.

2 doesn't make much sense b/c u'll be firing a second barrel w/ A or K high pretty commonly, so he may play back at u w/ nothing or call with a marginal hand