Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Daniel N. couldn\'t beat a $1-$2 game!

[ QUOTE ]

I figured I'd just start my own thread to save y'all the trouble:

Daniel loses at poker. I have it on good authority that he even a losing tournament poker player. A friend of mine told me that and he has no reason to lie.

Yes, I realize that his tournament results are posted, but I don't think he posts everyone he plays. I hear that he has played in several $100,000 buy in tournaments in Paraguay and is 0-44. Hasn't...cashed...once. He's THAT bad!

Also, the poker results he posts on his site are all phony. He lies about his poker results because he feels guilty about bad mouthing the U.S. government and wants to pay them more. Sad, but true.

He makes his living by writing about a game he has no idea about. I heard a rumor, and I believe this to be true, that he gets OVER $20,000 a year for writing his newspaper column! What a fraud, I hate that guy he is such a racist. Oh, and he believes in God, what a moron, LOL HA HA HA.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Insecure exaggerations in emotional response to statements I would ignore if they were obviously untrue.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

(1) You may find it more satisfying to pay less attention to dumb posts and more attention to good ones. When I used to read FCP I would invariably see you replying to the dumbest post in the thread. Google "straw man argument".

(2) I think that Internet players have this perception that live play is "Easy". I can not judge whether this is true or not. (I can say that I triple my stakes live and do very well). Obviously tells almost make it a different game. But I think up until recently, live pros have claimed that they are better at all facets, and have been writing books with the implicit claim that they know how to play hands, regardless of tells.

Edit: I just realized. Point #1 does NOT mean to only pay attention to those who agree with you.

This was really quite good.

Good job sir.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at you for caring what retards post on an internet gossip forum

[/ QUOTE ]

good quality for someone with only 4 posts
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 PM

Mr. Negreanu, you're my favorite TV pro. You don't need to defend your poker skills, but I'm not sure about your golf game. However, your luck on HSP seems to mirror mine at online poker. But I manage to win some money anyway and I know that you win a great deal.
BTW, you might want to discuss the situation about online poker in the legislation forum. It is slightly more sane than this forum.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 PM

lol, nice post Dan
Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 PM

Seriously, while you're here, drop by the strategy forums.

NVG is not the best 2+2 has to offer.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 PM

Well, it's always fun to see the fanboys all pop up simulatenously.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 PM

Ok, I saw the other thread. It is a bit silly. I am a little surprised by J_V's posts, I think the "standard" thinking is that DN could beat Mid Stakes Limit online (after losing for his first 5K hands) but isn't as good as the High Stakes online players. And that he probably does ok in big games because it looks like there are a couple of fish.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:52 PM

Daniel,

I for one would like to apologize that you have received such rude treatment by those here at 2+2. Personally, I like you. Results speak for themselves. You wouldn’t be where you’re at if you weren’t a skilled player.

It’s sad that people here piss off talented players so that they do not wish to participate in what this forum was intended for: discussion of poker strategy in order to produce a community in which people help each other to improve. Sadly, we don’t see that much anymore. We’re too interested in questioning famous players’ sexual orientation or speculating as to why a particular player was seen playing at a lower level (the reasons could be numerous).

I was once banned for calling a particular player an a-hole. I won’t name him, other than to say he’s well known for tilting off large sums of money both live and on FTP and using foul language, accusing Raymer of having small testicles, claiming online poker is rigged, etc. I too am guilty of making certain people feel unwelcome here. Perhaps we can all try to do a better job of creating a more favorable atmosphere here.

Bear