Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Anti Cheating/Anti Bot measures
Party 26 36.11%
Stars 46 63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Make me stop doing this........

[ QUOTE ]
You call too much PF facing a raise oop with marginal cards. . Stop trying to make STT poker exciting, .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I do this rarely, but enough for it to be a leak. I do this b/c I think I can get away with it enough for it to be profitable once in a while. Oh, and it's fun..... More of a hand-reading exercise than a tournament when I'm sorta tilty.

So, what's your play with a J on the turn and two weaklings checking to you? Share the World Champ love...... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just dump it PF.

You cannot possibly raise this flop. If you get it all in, you're behind. Keep the pot managable.

Turn, easy c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he should try to get all in on this flop, because if he succeeds he's behind!

But just calling the flop gets him to a turn, where the pot is big (no longer manageable IMO), yet he doesn't know where he's at.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you want to raise the flop for INFORMATION (aka as a bluff)
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 PM

Slacka, STOP DOING THIS!!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Slacker, I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what your reads are here.

So, preflop MP could have any Ax. This is a good thing obviously.

But, I think what you're saying is that he'll slow down with a lot of those Ax hands on the turn here? And, because he did not slow down, it's looking a lot more like AT+ or a set?

If he plays this predictable, then I'd fold to his bet on the turn. If he had of checked, I'd probably put in a value raise to cash in on this Ax hands.

Of course, the presence of the BB makes this a little more difficult. But, by your read, it sounds like he's just calling the flop because he has two cards?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, I think what you're saying is that he'll slow down with a lot of those Ax hands on the turn here? And, because he did not slow down, it's looking a lot more like AT+ or a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn was J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , both checked to me. Neither led the turn, I'm last to act.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just dump it PF.

You cannot possibly raise this flop. If you get it all in, you're behind. Keep the pot managable.

Turn, easy c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he should try to get all in on this flop, because if he succeeds he's behind!

But just calling the flop gets him to a turn, where the pot is big (no longer manageable IMO), yet he doesn't know where he's at.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather raise too 400ish and then fold to a push, than having a pot of 610 (790 if BB calls), at which point it's difficult to continue without playing for the entire stack.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop was J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , both checked to me. Neither led the turn, I'm last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, are they both checking two pair or a straight to you, a guy that has not shown any aggression? I doubt it. I'd probably put out a value bet at this point. But, you haven't told us, will they call with a bare A here?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:51 PM

Sorry, I edited it. The turn was J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (but you knew what I meant).

They both checked. For sure a straight or two pair, maybe JJ????

MP would still be here with A8, A9 IMHO. BB I'm not sure of, but think he would play a big hand to isolate. His check confused me a lot.

Keep in mind that they are probably as scared of the board as I am here.

The only question now that HERO has played the wrong hand at the wrong time the wrong way....... Check or shove the turn?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop was J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , both checked to me. Neither led the turn, I'm last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, are they both checking two pair or a straight to you, a guy that has not shown any aggression? I doubt it. I'd probably put out a value bet at this point. But, you haven't told us, will they call with a bare A here?

[/ QUOTE ]

ewwww a valuebet?? No, check here always. Probably fold to a riverbet on a blank. Betting cannot be profitable here.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just dump it PF.

Turn, easy c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather raise too 400ish and then fold to a push, than having a pot of 610 (790 if BB calls), at which point it's difficult to continue without playing for the entire stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this line more w/ 72o