Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Someone was trying to log in to my FTP account

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question. Does the popup happen when someone just tries to login with your screenname, even if they don't know the password? Or does it only happen after they've entered the name and correct password?

If it's the first case, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's the second, I'd worry.

-- Kevin

[/ QUOTE ]

i was about to ask the very same thing...b/c if my screename were PokerPro, and i accidentally typed in PokerPrp, it would alert whoever has that screename that someone were trying to access their acct.

I suspect, however, that it's the former...otherwise these boards would be crawling w/ reports of that popup msg.

What's weird about it, though, is that other sites don't even give you the approve/deny option -- they would simply LOG OUT the existing person playing on the acct. I've done that accidentally where I'll leave Party or Bodog logged on at home, then log in and play from school...then i'll get home and see a popup from party/bodog telling me that the program had been closed (on my home cpu) b/c I logged in from a dif location. But it's atypical that FTP would actually give the logged-in user the power to approve/deny the remote user...in fact, that makes less and less sense the more I think about it: why would anyone ever APPROVE such a request?? Also, if you were trying to log in remotely forgetting that you had left FTP logged in at home, there wouldn't be anyone sitting at home to "approve" you...something's fishy
Old 02-18-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in fact, that makes less and less sense the more I think about it: why would anyone ever APPROVE such a request??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I will often take over in a tournament for my wife for a few minutes if she needs to be away from the computer. Usually I'm at work or somewhere else, so I'll be logging in from a seperate computer, of course. Then when she tells me she's back, she logs back in, and I go back to work.

p.s. PokerStars specifically states in their ToS that it's permissible for a husband/wife/etc to temporarily take over for someone in a tournament.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:48 PM

I use password corral. But, when you copy the desire password. it goes to the clipboard and then you paste it in the poker client application. A keylogger capable of storing the clipboard information would have access to the password. Am I missing something ?

Wouldn't be safer to have the auto save password and username on each poker client ?