Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: JJ Preflop Decision??

...my bad...i counted 5 people in the pot besides OP. I agree...FOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 AM

5 Bet! Dark bet the flop! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:51 AM

I think this is a fold, but its closer than other posters here seem to think. It depends on whether the UTG raiser can be expected to call (seems likley) and what sort of action can be expected on the later streets. Does it generally continue to be quite so frenetic?

17:3 means that you only need to collect 11 small bets whenever you flop a set to make this +EV (if you won every time).

I'd estimate that with 5 players, a set of jacks should win around 2/3 of the time (thoughts anyone?)

There is almost no chance that your jacks will be good unimproved even with an overpair so you will be folding every flop where you don't connect with a set. As you are 8.5 to 1 to flop a set, this is a loss of 25.5 small bets for the times you don't improve.

one third of the time when you do improve, you will probably loose about 8 more small bets with second best hand. So you would need to make 33.5 small bets profit when you do hit and win. I have never seen a 40-80 pot with <$1500 in it, but then I have never seen a 5 way capped preflop on non baby stakes.

Actually, my gut was that it was a little closer than the analsys and as you are out of position its an easy fold.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:21 PM

Easy fold, IMO. After a cap from an old, tight player, I'm not comfortable playing anything lower than AA or KK here.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:57 PM

I'd definitely fold this - it's likely one of them has a bigger pocket pair and it's costing you three cold bets.

Jeff