Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Dont worry about Frozen Funds. Worry about Forensic Accountants

[ QUOTE ]
The big problem is that the feds are using FORENSIC accountants to go over all the records Neteller has just handed them on a silver platter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm not worried about frozen funds or forensic accountants my big problem is it's Valentine's day but my wife is having her "thing" and so I won't get laid even though I bought flowers and a card and candy. So, do you think I should get a hooker or would that cause me even bigger problems because maybe my wife wouldn't like that so much because, you know, we're married. And I suppose if I got a hooker I'd probably have to buy her flowers and candy and a card too because it's Valentine's day and that would cost me even more money than the sex and that would suck. Such a dilemma! What should I do, gaboon?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is bitching about their frozen Neteller funds. But this is not the big problem. The big problem is that the feds are using FORENSIC accountants to go over all the records Neteller has just handed them on a silver platter. Your records. Do you know when forensic accounting is used by the government? When they plan to file CRIMINAL charges. The forensic accountants the government is using on Neteller accounts are there to find any funds you have not reported to Uncle Sam, so they can nail you with CRIMINAL charges. Do not confuse this with a standard audit. With a standard audit, if the IRS nabs you for underreporting, you pay what you owe plus a penality--and usually(unless you really screwed them)--that is it. But Neteller is much different. It deals with hiding money overseas from the US government and many other issues. Here they can nail you with a variety of CRIMINAL charges too cumbersome and varied to cover (money laundering and international fraud are only a few). This is why they are using FORENSIC accountants and also why you should be much more worried about what they will find in your Neteller records and what they are going to do to you with this information. Frozen funds are a joke compared to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very worried about this. Once they find that I net lossed about $430 last year, I'm gonna be in big trouble. !!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: DON\'T WORRY ABOUT FORENSIC ACCOUNTANTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would the government spend millions on forensic accounting?

It would cost like $10M to recover $55M of funds. Even if they could recover, since that money is not necessarily income. It's just not worth it for Uncle Sam.

That's what the IRS is for, which is still not worth it for Uncle Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

The government has no problem spending money as a precursor to filing criminal charges. Essentially all criminal prosecutions are massively -$ for the government, and they do it anyways because that's what the law says to do.

Lots of people are going to court over this - money laundering, fraud, and RICO charges are on the horizon.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. There's a reason that only 600 people go to prison each year for tax fraud. The IRS doesn't start criminal investigations unless they can get a buttload of $$ (min 6 figures) or they can make a case against a celebrity for PR/scaring the public purposes.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

As a 16 year police officer, let me say this to you. You are a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying OP is right, but what does this have anything to do with the OP? You being a police officer I wouldnt think would give you inside info on how forensic accounting is used by the federal government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please quote where I gave "inside info" on how its used by the federal government. All I did was tell you what the word "forensic" means.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: DON\'T WORRY ABOUT FORENSIC ACCOUNTANTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would the government spend millions on forensic accounting?

It would cost like $10M to recover $55M of funds. Even if they could recover, since that money is not necessarily income. It's just not worth it for Uncle Sam.

That's what the IRS is for, which is still not worth it for Uncle Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

The government has no problem spending money as a precursor to filing criminal charges. Essentially all criminal prosecutions are massively -$ for the government, and they do it anyways because that's what the law says to do.

Lots of people are going to court over this - money laundering, fraud, and RICO charges are on the horizon.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. There's a reason that only 600 people go to prison each year for tax fraud. The IRS doesn't start criminal investigations unless they can get a buttload of $$ (min 6 figures) or they can make a case against a celebrity for PR/scaring the public purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even talking about tax law yet. DOJ != IRS.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is bitching about their frozen Neteller funds. But this is not the big problem. The big problem is that the feds are using FORENSIC accountants to go over all the records Neteller has just handed them on a silver platter. Your records. Do you know when forensic accounting is used by the government? When they plan to file CRIMINAL charges. The forensic accountants the government is using on Neteller accounts are there to find any funds you have not reported to Uncle Sam, so they can nail you with CRIMINAL charges. Do not confuse this with a standard audit. With a standard audit, if the IRS nabs you for underreporting, you pay what you owe plus a penality--and usually(unless you really screwed them)--that is it. But Neteller is much different. It deals with hiding money overseas from the US government and many other issues. Here they can nail you with a variety of CRIMINAL charges too cumbersome and varied to cover (money laundering and international fraud are only a few). This is why they are using FORENSIC accountants and also why you should be much more worried about what they will find in your Neteller records and what they are going to do to you with this information. Frozen funds are a joke compared to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you didn't pay taxes though, that's more serious. That, I do.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you didn't pay taxes though, that's more serious. That, I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the DOJ brings RICO charges because you derived income from a racketeering operation, it won't matter if you paid your taxes or not.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the DOJ brings RICO charges because you derived income from a racketeering operation, it won't matter if you paid your taxes or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Derive income" here being the issue which is key. See my prior post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 06:10 PM

millions of Americans have played online poker

they dont have room for us behind bars

not to mention the huge public relations disaster that would be
Old 02-14-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Derive income" here being the issue which is key. See my prior post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, my bad, you're fine. You can't prosecute the victims of a racket with RICO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]