Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: My Snow Day Rant

[ QUOTE ]

I feel that taking responsibility for your results, in poker and in life, may be the single greatest piece of advice anyone could give anybody. Because if you take responsibility for your results you have noone else to blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo
and it also means you have the power to change anything undesirable, since everything's solely on your shoulders
Old 02-14-2007, 03:05 PM

I read your cardrunners piece and noticed that you're Korean. As a fellow Korean, I have found it to be interesting that I am almost always categorized into the typical Asian stereotype, regardless of how I actually play. This Asian stereotype labels me as a reckless gambler who takes too many chances without any logical reasoning behind the plays I make. (BTW this is based on live play) Do you seem to feel the same way from experience? If you answered yes to this question, do you think that the action loosens up more when you're in the hand?

Sorry, but I have to go to class because there's no snow day here. I will check back later. Also, I hope I can clarify things up more if you don't seem to understand where I'm getting at.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember Aba saying that he believes it should always hurt a little when you lose, implying that you don’t need to have 100 buy ins for a level. I personally disagree with him

[/ QUOTE ]

BAN PLEASE
Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read your cardrunners piece and noticed that you're Korean. As a fellow Korean, I have found it to be interesting that I am almost always categorized into the typical Asian stereotype, regardless of how I actually play. This Asian stereotype labels me as a reckless gambler who takes too many chances without any logical reasoning behind the plays I make. (BTW this is based on live play) Do you seem to feel the same way from experience? If you answered yes to this question, do you think that the action loosens up more when you're in the hand?

Sorry, but I have to go to class because there's no snow day here. I will check back later. Also, I hope I can clarify things up more if you don't seem to understand where I'm getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this from several people and to be honest, I don't get this a lot. For those who have met me though, I don't think I'm your normal asian. I was raised very different than most asians and I think I approach many things differently than most.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:48 PM

I don't remember coming across the ZJ piece; please link.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:47 PM

nice post
Old 02-14-2007, 05:15 PM

Good read, paragraphs next time please.

I think the reason posts like these are underwhelming is that they cover all the poker skills that are easy to talk about and hard to execute.

No one is going to argue that you're wrong, and this is the kind of thing where hearing it one more time won't make that much difference to most people, whether they're good about this stuff or not.

Still, nice read.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:55 PM

maulik
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 PM

nice post man.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally disagree with him, and this will probably be the only time in my life I’ll ever disagree with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok drama queen