Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Invincible

Fiji,
WTF?

" I just don't think that the villain has anything here (pf raise, cbet on a j high flop and then a check)"

You raised the flop. He called a flop raise. He almost always has something.

Plus, you're deep as hell--deep enough that you have to do some work to get it in against lower flushes (which are a big part of his range), sets, overpairs, TP, the straight, and a bunch of other hands that are definitely in his range.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You raised the flop. He called a flop raise. He almost always has something.

[/ QUOTE ]

na his flop call means nothing, his flop raise was very small and at this stage, he could have nething.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:38 AM

Once a year I decide to slowplay and I get flamed for it...

In hindsight I think that you are correct that I butchered this one. Thank you all for the feedback.

After my 300 chips raise the villain pushed (a real stupid overbet IMO, what am I calling with but the nuts?.) I obv snap called and he had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so it all worked out well for me
Old 02-14-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once a year I decide to slowplay and I get flamed for it...

In hindsight I think that you are correct that I butchered this one. Thank you all for the feedback.

After my 300 chips raise the villain pushed (a real stupid overbet IMO, what am I calling with but the nuts?.) I obv snap called and he had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so it all worked out well for me

[/ QUOTE ]

But think about how often the river kills your action based on your play he can easily put you on 2pair or set river pairs you prob don't get a stack in same thing if a 4th spade drops. There are many action killing rivers you got very lucky to get a blank and than get paid off.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 AM

Fold preflop, raise flop, bet the turn.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:15 AM

PF call is fine with 250bbs effective.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:26 AM

yeah folding pf would be pretty terrible here unless youre an absolute downie postflop

i honestly dont think OPs reasoning is terrible with respect to checking the turn. he'll win a slightly bigger pot a good bit of the time when he gets paid off on the river, but he'll very rarely win a significantly bigger pot. but given villian's pf range you could argue that the times he wins a slightly bigger pot make up for the times he's giving up money against the few holding villian could have that pay him off for a v big pot.

im sure there was a more efficient way to say that, anyway, i'm just saying the turn play isnt all that bad here.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:37 AM

mlagoo but it does suck for when he bets the turn. C/R too streets is super strong line c/r c/c lead is also a strong line. Basically it does win him a med size pot often but it makes it soo much harder to stack him and he got lucky to have 2nd nuts for vil against his nuts.