Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 with JQs in MP

Great flop play. You have a monster draw that will win a significant minority of the time and lots of players are in to call your bets.

I'm sure your play was probably berated by the fish. And that's a wonderful moment.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:29 PM

Bet the turn and the river.

I call a C/R against all but the most passive players (players against whom I would fold do exist).
Old 02-14-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We refer to QJ as "Hawaii" because if you never play the hand for a solid year, you'll save enough money to take a vacation to Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this! There are a lot of Hawaiian hands. Nice to put a cool moniker on them.

OP, you did fine. Many times they will fold on the river to a third firing. Put that calling station on your xmas card list.

CJ
Old 02-14-2007, 01:37 PM

I was surprised that your cap bet on the flop got two people to fold. If they played as they should, they should have called for one more bet and your cap was clearly EV+. But it should have also been clear to you that you were behind. With the club flush board you are not going to be able to use your position to semi-bluff players into folding. Also, the pot has gotten too big for good players to fold. If you check the turn, it does alert people to the fact you are on a draw. So what? If your draw hits, you win. If it doesn't hit, how can you win? I check the turn and take the free card. But since you played the semi-bluff on the turn, the river leaves you in a tough spot. Checked to you, the only way for you to win was to bet, so you must make your continuation bet to stand a chance to win.

So the bet I question is the turn. I would have checked it and probably faced a bet out on the river and then I would have folded saving 2BB.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM

Once your flush comes in, bet and then bet. This is a loose passive table there are many other hands villain could have besides KX[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and AX[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] that will call you (sets, top pair, two pair, etc.).
Old 02-14-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm MP2. There is three calls to me. I call with JcQc.
Two more calls, Villain in SB calls and BB checks. (4BB)

Flop is 4c 10c Ks.

SB bets out, BB and UTG call and 2 folds to me. I raise. 2 calls and SB reraises. UTG calls and I cap. 2 folds, SB calls and UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest of the hand:

Turn is 7c. 2 checks to me and I bet. 2 calls

River is a blank. 2 checks to me and I bet. The SB calls.

He flips over K-rag of clubs (of course).

He said he put me on the ace.

Should I have been thinking at any time after the turn that I was way behind? Check the river? It's not like I got cr'ed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even when you hit the Flop hard, you get burned with "Hawaii." Muck it next time, save your money and go to Hawaii next year.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:06 PM

You had to bet the turn. You can't let A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or two pair or a set draw for free.

You also had to bet the river. You'll get called far too often by two pair, a set, an underflush, or, if the table's really good, middle pair.

Too bad you were buried under K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Rag[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but at least the villain played his hand so weakly. You must have had a tidy little image. If you got c/r'd, well, that's up to you and your read.

Nice hand.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:22 PM

raise pf. the rest is standard/good.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have been thinking at any time after the turn that I was way behind? Check the river? It's not like I got cr'ed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never. Fire the turn and river. Naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is calling the turn, as are lots of other hands. Pound on them as hard as possible.

Even if the SB CR'd the turn, you can't fold. I can see AKo with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] playing the hand this way (with the turn CR) at 3/6. Many 3/6 players don't raise AKo out of the blinds (many in AC never raise it at all).
Old 02-15-2007, 12:45 PM

I think your'e good here more often than not so fire away corporal