FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Big Hand from 750k Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the forums

Preflop:
Gotta reraise preflop to send a message that he can not steal your blinds.

As played flop 3-bet is mandatory

[/ QUOTE ]
If you reraise preflop, what is your plan if villain pushes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I set the worlds record for quickest all in call

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that calling the all-in PF is fairly standard here.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:41 PM

Let's say I made the correct move and re-raised to t3500-t4500, showing my seriousness about this hand. Villain pushes all-in. I believe I am forced to fold. Perhaps this is a leak in my game, but I cannot imagine my opponent having anything less than KTs, including all PPs, KJs, AT+. So, the only hands I truly dominate are AT, AJ, and KQ. Can this call possibly be +EV??

Villain was aggressive but not maniacal. If he turns over 77, I believe this call looks terrible, win or lose.

Do I want to risk my entire stack on one hand with AQo?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:04 PM

i agree, i think if you repop it pf and he shoves you don't have to call and it certainly isn't "standard." given your read though, it may be +EV if you think he is jamming it here with a fairly wide range. it's not a horrible fold though.

as played, i think you are going broke on this flop. you have two jam it with top two and this board, esp with your read on this villain. you flopped a monster and he flopped the nuts, don't sweat it that's poker.

so, wait, are you sayign villain is dontbluffmeplzzz?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Remarkably, the Villain in this case was Dontbluffmeplzz. The funny part of this is that in my original post, I mention how I did try to bluff him once early in the tourney. Even before he raised all-in, my buddy who was watching me play exclaimed, "Cliffy, did you even see his name?" and then BOOM! All-in. I got a good laugh out of that.

I looked him up on PokerDB, and his FT tourney results were nothing special (mine are non-existant, as I don't play on FT much). Has anyone heard of him before Sunday?

When the big hand occurred, we were both about 60-70th out of the remaining 650 players. After the hand, he was in 2nd.

I turned my computer off after that, and I checked late night just to see how he (and the pro at my table) did. And there he was, three-handed, the chip leader with t4.4M. No doubt my stomach turned...First was a beautiful payday. Congrats to him for turning my chips into $150k.