Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Results

He called with A3o...
Old 02-11-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Results

River bet is really bad. I'd check turn as well.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
He called with A3o...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bet is terrible.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Big Draw oop

2 things come to mind when I read this hand:

1) Raising these hands early and then playing them against unknowns is a good way to lose money.
2) When you bet the turn, make sure the bet fits what you're trying to represent. Here, it makes no sense to anyone who can play the game even slightly.

You live, you learn.

Back to the hand, I do my best to avoid putting my stack in with nothing until I have a better read on my opponent. That said, I'd 3-bet the flop against most reasonable opponents, or check raise most turns AI - but the flop mini-raise call makes it tougher when an A hits in this spot.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) When you bet the turn, make sure the bet fits what you're trying to represent. Here, it makes no sense to anyone who can play the game even slightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can easily see AJ or something betting this turn because it's so likely that Villain will check behind.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:53 AM

freak -

[ QUOTE ]
2 things come to mind when I read this hand:

1) Raising these hands early and then playing them against unknowns is a good way to lose money.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats quite a blanket statement that has very little merit. just because this hand was quasi botched doesnt mean hero plays badly or -ev w/ this type of hand/flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt really true, either. At the higher end of spectrum I could understand AJ betting here, and towards the lower end even KK, QQ, KJ, QJ, JT. given the minraise (so we dont even know if villain is reading hands!) something like A8 or so isnt out of the realm of possibility. Although NORMALLY on this flop / stacks I would 3bet a set/2pair and push the turn, doesnt mean others dont go for the call / cr turn (which I would do on other boards).

the problem with playing hero's hand as is isnt that he isnt repping a hand (he is) he's repping a somewhat marginal made hand (with the stop and go) or something semistrong on the flop (such as mid pair TK or even TPTK) that DID just improve and doesnt want the street checked. bc hero has a pretty big draw (big hands generally push here forcing him into a bad or slightly nuetral ccall) and weaker hands may call anyway (but wouldve checked for the free river) this is bad too as he's putting money in as a dog.
[ QUOTE ]

You live, you learn.

Back to the hand, I do my best to avoid putting my stack in with nothing until I have a better read on my opponent. That said, I'd 3-bet the flop against most reasonable opponents, or check raise most turns AI - but the flop mini-raise call makes it tougher when an A hits in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 3betting this flop w/ the stacks and not really a strong draw is really hazardous. if villain raises more on the flop (forcing hero into more of a push/fold spot) then call pretty much slips to "last." However, given the minraise, I would rate it as "best." Also, you shouldnt avoid making a play bc villain is unknown... IF it is correct to "put your stack in with nothing," then you know what? Put it in the middle.