Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: What in god\'s name is this guy doing 75/150 weird action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah and I check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping that the flop bet would let me check the turn because I assumed turn was an autobet from him once I checked flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you get CR'd way too much. You're just too far behind his range on that flop after he caps, and having to pay two small bets to get to the turn is kinda disastrous.

That being said there are some players who actually do check when they miss flops here with hands like AJ or even 88, but those are very rare and this guy doesn't seem like one of them.

I also think it's important that your image sucks, because you betting and calling the CR on the flop and then folding the turn is pretty bad. Checking the flop and folding the turn when he bets if you miss doesn't hurt your image too much. I assume since you're still playing the game is good, and with it being 4 handed you need to do whatever you can to get a little momentum going or else you'll keep getting run over.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:35 PM

After I check the turn, river is 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he checks.

Just take a showdown with the nut no Ace? I know he can call the end with K high if he's suspicious, so I'm not keen on bluffing. I've raised him on the river with 9 high before and lost and he's seen me successfully value bet A high twice on the river tonight as well, so he knows I'm capable of making value bets and bluffs in pretty much every possible situation. While this is fine when it works, it opens me up to getting blown off my hand because while I think I'm normally pretty tough, he doesn't know that, so there's a good chance he sees me as that guy that keeps betting when someone checks, folding when someone else raises and losing on the end every time.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:13 PM

a guy who fixes backs demands to be called doctor in a poker room? yeah this guy needs to be sucked out on and then beaten with a studded dildo across the brow.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a guy who fixes backs demands to be called doctor in a poker room? yeah this guy needs to be sucked out on and then beaten with a studded dildo across the brow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way the other players talked about him before he got to the table made me think he'd be a douche bag, but he seemed like a nice enough guy when he wasn't coolering me half the hands and trying to outplay me the other half.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way the other players talked about him before he got to the table made me think he'd be a douche bag, but he seemed like a nice enough guy when he wasn't coolering me half the hands and trying to outplay me the other half.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my experience, hes a wicked nice guy. just not a stellar player.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Check the flop. And yes, I call a turn bet, UI, and maybe a river.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you bet, I'd 3 bet and maybe bet the turn.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Maybe he has something like 8's and is playing it weird. I doubt a very strong hand takes this line on the turn after deciding to checkraise the flop. So my guess is he has some kinda weak made hand that is getting to showdown but has decided he doesn't want to be raised. I'd definitely take the free card since betting has no fold equity and you have lots of outs but I doubt he has a big hand or one he will check-fold for one bet (or two barrels).

Jeff
Old 02-12-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you bet, I'd 3 bet and maybe bet the turn.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

And then they would name a new store after you called Spews R' Us.