Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Help somebody move => Jerry Springer => $4K 3/6 BBJ at Hustler

My buddy calls me two days ago and tells me he needs his help moving his sister Thursday night. For the second time. In three months. He helped me move my house and I have a bunch of stuff so I can't say no.

His sister doesn't have much stuff, but while we're loading up this truck she gets in a huge Jerry Springer-esque fight with her roommate because somewhere along the line the rooommates cat ran away and buddy's sister called her and let her know. Frankly, I'll spare you the details, but there was WAAAAAYYY TMI if you know what I mean.

I drop my buddy off and go to Hustler to meet up with another buddy who I transferred $300 on Tilt so we can square up. He doesn't answer his phone or his text because he's "eating dinner" which I'm assuming means he has a date and got lucky.

Problem is, I've never been to the Hustler before, I have no idea where the board/bathroom/cashier is, plus I've only got like $134 on me so because I really hadn't planned on playing. I bump around for ten minutes, find the board, and I sign up for $3/6 anyway and hope I run good, or at least good enough till my buddy gets, um, "done". No seats at 3/6, but I take the open at 4/8 for like three minutes and a seat at 3/6 opens up.

I win the first hand in a checked down pot with J7o from the BB on a board of 10 10 2 7 K. Next hand-

UTG (older black lady) moves all in for $3. UTG + 1 makes it two to go, everyone calls to me on the button with AcAd and I make it three after saying "Alright ma'mn, I'll give you some cover. Good luck". UTG caps and everyone calls.

Flop Ah 10c 6s.

Checks to me and I bet. Everyone calls.

Turn Kd.

UTG + 1 perks up, but checks and so does everyone else. I bet. Everyone calls. I hope like hell the board pairs because I have a sick feeling UTG +1 has QJ by the way he calls.

River Kh.

Everyone checks. I bet. UTG calls – even faster this time. Two or three players fold. I tell UTG+1 "PLEASE tell me you called me with two black kings.............."

UTG + 1 shows KsKc.

I table Aces full of Kings and scream "JACKPOT - SHIP IT!".

$4K of a $10K BB Jackpot.

Overview for the TL/DR crowd.

BEAT - Helped my buddy move his sister for the second time in a couple of months.

BRAG - Saw a really good Jerry Springer fight between my buddy's sister and he ex-roommate who, apparently, is crazy.

VARANCE - Psyco roommate started fight because apparently her cat ran away.

BEAT - Only had $134 and had to play 3/6 to kill time.

BRAG - Won $4K on my second hand anyway.

VARIANCE - was sweated by the guy who vacated my seat three hands earlier to 'give him a piece of the pot'

VARIANCE - Had to ask the brush where the cage was because I'd never been to Hustler before.

VARIANCE - My buddy still owes me $300.

BEAT - Somebody else hit the jackpot earlier today so it had just reset to $10K. I think the earlier one was like $22K