Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: drug experiences

very inspiring! here's my contribution:

Two weeks ago, I was walking around downtown with a buddy and we had the opportunity to buy a marijuana cookie (it wasn't a shady situation). Only because i was fascinated by the concept, I decided to go for it. It was six dollars for a small cookie and it was labeled with a picture of a cartoon doctor.

Prior to that my only experience getting high was once in the seventh grade. I'm a total square and had the idea that eating the cookie should be a special experience because "it had been so long". the cookie sat on my kitchen counter for five days despite peer pressure. Finally, after a full day's work, and having been in recovery from a cold the day before, and being all by myself with nothing to do, I decided to eat the cookie.

I was originally going to eat just half, but after an hour i still wasn't feeling anything so i finished it off. I still wasn't feeling anything after a couple hours, so I just did some more work. I went to bed at midnight exactly, feeling ripped off.

I woke up for less than a minute sometime early morning the next day to use the bathroom. I pissed all over the rim and pushed down the flush handle quickly, so that the flush didn't go fully through. but i didn't care, I literally ran right back to bed.

I woke up at noon to the sound of my phone ringing. my buddy was trying to ask me something, and I told him blah blah blah Im kind of [censored] up right now, maybe we can talk later. he said ok, sure, bye and hung up. a minute later I woke up again to the sound of the phone ringing, it was him again and he asked me if i was ok. I told him yeah and went right back to sleep.

I fully woke up at six pm. i could tell immediately that I felt different. I sat in bed for at least ten minutes, staring at the bottom of my bedroom door. I remember feeling amazed at the consistency of light coming through the bottom edges, seemed like it was pouring through like water.

then I'm at my desk chair, watching kids cartoons on youtube while working on some music tracks, because I had always heard that you're more creative when you're high. Wasn't the case for me, I felt the same. I tried doing some writing too, and yeah, there were no incredible creative spurts. i shot some pool, didnt feel better or worse at it. I mostly just felt slightly sluggish and numb.

Other random things I noticed:
-I was much more aware of textural differences. i could feel the oils from my hands on my keyboard (the kind you get when you type on it all the time and never clean it). when I ran my hand across my shirt, and then over the printed logo, it felt colder on my finger.
-things felt dreamlike. I would say something out loud to myself and could only vaguely recall it a moment later. I would walk into another room, and would barely remember doing it.
-everything felt numb. I banged my hand against the edge of my desk, and it didn't hurt as much as I thought it should have. so i banged it on the same edge again, and yeah, it didn't really hurt much.
-no mindblowing thoughts or revelations

sometime later I was getting real hungry and wanted to eat something. but there was nothing at home. I debated back and forth whether it was worth taking the risk driving because I knew i felt out of it, my head was bobbling back and forth. and then after waiting a while and drinking a few bottles of water, I drove off to taco bell. It felt like a rollercoaster and my hands got sweaty. the street lights felt big. when i got to the drive thru I ordered three nachos supremes, definitely not my standard order but it felt right at the time. I got home and starting laughing like i had cheated death or something just by my having made it back. then I ate my whole order, brushed my teeth and went to bed.

I woke up at noon the next day. my business partner showed up and we worked on some stuff. in the middle of a discussion I noticed that I was still feeling numb and I told him so. I asked him if I looked weird, he said no. i told him I ate a weed cookie two days ago. he just laughed, and that was that. I continued to feel weird and slightly numb the rest of the day until after a steak dinner and a beer.

ehh... probably standard huh? i definitely like your story better jablue. i hope i have a drug experience like yours someday!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:05 AM

I don't have any interesting stories but here is a quick video of me taken a few months ago after I ate a bunch of weed brownies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90igpmhziM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5EsofuVpgw
Old 02-09-2007, 04:30 AM

sweet story ja.

i'm hoping to head out to yosemite and eat some shrooms with my friends once the weather warms up. i think it'll be amazing.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:00 AM

I was going to write almost exactly the same thing for my 1000th post, but you beat me to it by a day. Although it's halfway written, I don't think I'll add it to this thread because it looks like it will be even longer than yours and I doubt anyone would read it if it weren't an op. I guess I'll save it for 1200. Damn.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt was getting sicker and I jokingly suggested to him that the mushrooms he ate may have turned into something else inside him. He started thinking about this and convinced himself that the mushrooms grew into some kind of parasitic creature inside him and was trying to get (crawl or slither or something) out.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG this is so not cool, c'mon man. messing with someone who is tripping pretty much puts you squarely in the douchebag camp

Sponger,

Man I've been that high before, it's almost not fun. I once hallucinated colors and thought I could hear electronic sound waves in music, it was seriously awful.

DJ,

my next shrooms trip I plan on visiting a museum, either the Met or the MOMA; either way I predict a near life-changing experience

TSC,

smoking by yourself at the end of a long day is awesome. it helps me relax so much, and over the summer i did a lot of introspective thinking; i'm positive that the time i spent smoking and chilling will have saved me years of therapy later on in life

egord,

weed food will mess you up!

jablue,

the only time i did shrooms i did the following things:

-walk around seeing faces in trees and naming them and inventing backstories for them

-spin around in a circle and then think i was trapped in another dimension

-think i was a viking king, a retarded person, and a worm; and think that i had the ability to predict the future - this made me afraid to say anything, since i thought if i said it it would have to be true

-cry due to ridiculous emotional swings

-convince someone that God existed by talking about Calvin and Hobbes

basically shrooms are a hell of a drug, and i'm kind of afraid to do them again in case i have a bad trip - it would be awful

salvia is also a hell of a drug (and legal!) the one time I smoked it, i thought i had been sucked out of the room i was in, and transported through my ear into my own brain. i would've had a conversation with the little mini-mes inside my head who were running my brain, but it wore off too fast. I still wish I'd managed to talk with those guys, i'm sure it would've been very enlightening
Old 02-09-2007, 06:09 AM

Jablue,

Great read. We once made a dope cake when we were in Uganda. We boiled two kilo's of really crap pot up with some butter and then scrapped off the nasty bits. The butter was green. We put the butter in it's own fridge for a couple of weeks. It got greener. Then we made a chocolate cake with the butter. One little piece as big as your thumb was enough to send you to Pluto.

We all ate a whole piece and then went to our hang-out bar. It was lunch time. Within 20 minutes it hit me. I spent the next six hours standing up holding onto the bar with my head on it. Occasionally a hooker would come up and ask me if I was OK. I was not OK. At one point I remember having a conversation with my body. My body said,

"You're not ever going to do this again, are you?"

I assured my body that I would never do this again. My body was happy. My body then told me that just so I would learn the lesson I was only halfway through the experience. This was not good news. At one point all the other guides decided to leave. I begged them not to go without me. They said that all I had to do was leave my position on the bar and walk outside with them to the taxi. I couldn't do it. They were losing patience. At one point I realised that I had to go with them, and with an incredible effort I hauled myself up off the bar and staggered outside. The hookers wished me luck.

Outside they were waiting by the taxi. There was a restaurant with an outside seating area with a waist-high fence. I didn't feel very well. The restaurant was full of people eating. I walked over to the fence and grabbed it for support facing the customers. They all looked at me with strange expressions. I then proceeded to do the techni-colour hurl of death over the fence. The taxi driver asked one of my friends if I was OK. They replied that it was something that I ate.

The next day our housekeeper had disappeared. We tried to find out where she had gone. Her sister came and told us that she had been committed to a mental asylum. She said;

"Haddie, she has gone crazy. Crrraaaaaaaaazy!"

We looked in the fridge and sure enough there was a very big piece of the cake missing. It seemed that we had sent our poor Ugandan housekeeper to the darkside. We tried to find out where she was but they wouldn't tell us. Four days later she came back looking very sheepish. They had let her out. A Ugandan nurse had seen her and asked,

"Tell me, does this one work for the mazungu's?" When told that she did indeed work for white people she replied, "Ah yes, I have seen this before. Send her home. She should be fine in a few days."
Old 02-09-2007, 06:31 AM

Poppa,
I wasn't messing with him. I didn't want him to feel terrible, I just started talking about what was on my mind as one does when high as all hell. Agree that [censored] with people on drugs is irresponsible and lame - I didn't think he would take what I said as anything but a joke or "what if" that you can keep talking about for a while and create a fantastic image. One example of that: with my friend Dustin in Denver also on shrooms, start talking about our shadows, the shadow world, and made up rules for how they interact, what they do, etc.

Also I find it very strange that you have so many hallucinations that don't seem to come from the natural world. I have taken shrooms a few times, acid once, salvia a bunch, and smoke pot a fair amount, but have never ever seen something that didn't come from what I was already seeing. I guess the purple cloud discounts that but it was still naturalish. Never saw giant smurfs or anything like that though.

The spinning around in a circle is really funny and reminds me of something I left out of my post: We were looking at town from the beach and started shaking our heads like crazy. If you had seen us then you would think we were psychotic, but it felt great.

That reminds me of another very strange effect I've felt after having taken a psychoactive. In Denver I noticed that the sky was dark blue, the pavement had a light blue tint, a lot of the buildings were bluish, and so on. I started feeling blue . Other times I have felt like other colors and its very strange and interesting. Hard to say what its like to feel orange but its probably as you'd imagine.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:38 AM

i used to smoke weed a lot, and luckily it affected me strongly, so i'd only have to do a bowl or 2 to feel it for 24hrs

once we were doing bong shots and drinking beer and i have no idea how much i had, but things got pretty weird... i couldn't stop laughing and i was convinced i was in a time loop, because i kept looking at my friend, laughing, walking away... then there he was again, i laughed, i walked away... and this seemed to happen for an eternal number of times.... it was pretty amusing just not being able to stop laughing

then i sat down in a chair and closed my eyes and felt like i was being lifted up and just felt pretty strange.... then i was convinced my gums were bleeding, but they weren't, but i kept going into the bathroom every few minutes to check in the mirror to make sure they really weren't

i used to draw a lot when high, i made some interesting looking stuff... also listening to music is fun obv.... to this day i'm convinced Sublime released an "unplugged" album, but i heard it while high, so probably not

haven't smoked for a while..... man it really helps you concnetrate on boring work!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:28 AM

JaBlue, excellent post. Very enjoyable read.

As an aside.. am I the only person in the world that just plain hates pot, shrooms, acid, anything like that that really messes with your mind? It's just not enjoyable at all to me, and I really hate the feeling of being out of control. I also dont enjoy the feeling that im constantly gonna puke, and that i need to just kinda lay there on the couch and not move, while i feel like im experiencing an 'aura' that i would right before i get a migrane and proceed to have a pounding headache and vomit all night.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:40 AM

I love these types of threads so much. OP, very well written, interesting report.

adsman, that was hillarious!