Old 02-08-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Banks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any bank but Bank of America, they are without a doubt the worst of the worst

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so very true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I have an account with them and have not had any problems yet.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:33 PM

you still get charged by the bank that owns the ATM, you just don't get charged by your bank FWIW.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the past year or so, I have been having issues with my banks. Not anything to do with my financial situation, but in regards to customer support/dis-satisfaction towards them and the way they have been handling my business. In no ways do I have a high volume of money with them, but they still should be catering to my situation. I have been with this bank all my life, and it is a local credit union.

I am seriously considering switching banks because of the latest things that have been happening. It's a lot of little things that have led to my decision, and it's more frustrating than anything.

Recommend me a good bank please.

Washingon Mutual?
TCF Bank?
Bank of America?
Citibank?
Other?

I would guess that one bank outweighs the others in different categories, so I would have to further research what would be the best fit. But, I would like to get some feedback from people and their different banks to make this process a little easier.

FWIW, I am in the NW Chicago area (contemplating a move to Arizona within the next 6-9 months), so I would be looking for something that has a large coverage area in the United States.

Mods, if this would be better suited in the Finance & Investing board, please feel free to move. I know it will get more coverage in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the Chicago-area as well, and I see no reason to get anything other than Chase (former Bank One) or LaSalle. I have LaSalle, and have had absolutely zero problems with it. This includes an episode of me losing my wallet and having to cancel my debit card (and then get a diff one the next day), wiring money, and other stuff like that.

I don't have Chase, so I can't give any personal testimony, but most of my close friends have it and they've had zero problems with it.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 PM

People bitch about Bank of America all the time and I've never understood why. I've been a happy customer for years.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:46 PM

If you are truly interested in customer service, I'd go with Wachovia. They rank #1 in that area, IIRC.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM

I have banked with several banks and USBank is by far the best (I dont know if they are in your area)

I banked with, and worked for, Bank One/Chase and it may be the worst bank ever. I would suggest avoiding it if possible.