Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Do I legally have to pay Neteller back?

this post made my day.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:59 PM

anyone wondering why neteller stopped dealing with US gamblers need only read this thread
Old 02-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Of course if you don't pay don't expect to use neteller ever again. And it could also affect on other internet gambling options.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:09 PM

You morally have to pay them back.
Stealing is stealing. period.
But hey, that's on you. You can convince yourself with all the justifications in the world, you can call it a bunch of other things to cloud it with smoke and mirrors, but at the end of the day, if you don't pay them back, you're stealing.
I know that doesn't bother some people, but it would bother me.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:10 PM

This is why netteller and most poker sites are pulling out of the U.S....thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 PM

Okay, I am not a Neteller user. I only used direct bank wire transfers while playing online. But I can tell you this, Neteller and most poker sites did not pull out because of players not paying their debts. This has been happening all along from players all around the world. It is a part of their business. They expect a certain pertentage to default. It's just the law of averages. But let's be completely clear, these companies pulled out of our US market because of their need to protect and insulate their stock holders.....Period!!! They could give two cents about our laws. If they could keep their companies in good standings stock wise, continue business as usuall and be assured that they kept the players at the table, you can believe they would still be running. And as an affect, we would have nothing to bitch about.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Exactly. These people claiming that this is why they pulled out of the US are taking an opportunity to take a cheap shot. As if people in the US are morally deficient compared to the rest of the world. Bull. There are scumbags everywhere. There is good and bad everywhere. Certainly no more in the US than anywhere else.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why netteller and most poker sites are pulling out of the U.S....thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
An extremely stupid post from someone who's been around as long as you, and is pushing a 1k post count. Bad day?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:26 PM

These posts have been going on for years. I have never heard of anyone actually getting sued or facing any real legal ramifications.

I guess it's a personal question of whether the moral or money issue is more +EV to you. For $750 I'd surely pay the bastards. If you have to work out a $50/month payment plan, they'd likely deny this possibility at first but eventually settle for it if you are stubborn in saying it's the only way that you can afford it.

However, if I owed something 3k+ I'd probably stiff 'em because at that point the money is more +EV to me than a moral obligation to an online gambling e-wallet which has no legal recourse.

There's no debtors prison for christ sakes. You are NOT going to get sued over $750 in civil court. To do that they'd have to sell the debt to a collection agency in YOUR state. And even then they would not attempt to pursue collection in court. Even if they did, their chances are slim.

Meh, nevermind...I wouldn't even pay the $750. If you feel the need to sort this out morally, donate the $750 to Gambler's Anonymous or that charity that gives families cows or whatever.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:51 PM

just tell em to transfer some of my money to cover your 750... ha ha