Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: How Can I Pass This Up?

No catch. If you are only doing it for the GC, and don't care about the test drive, just be nice and direct with them. They will hook you up with the GC anyway and you won't waste their time.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I were on our way to get lunch (Border Cafe in Harvard Square, very nice Tex/Mex type place) and set up in the parking lot across the street was a Scion promo. Ended up that all three of us took a test drive at the same time (Just sat in passenger seat and back) while he drove literally around one block, <5 minute. We each got a $30 gift cert. to the restaraunt we were going to anyways. So we got a huge lunch with tons of margaritas in exchange for taking a 5 minute ride and then filling out a 5 question survey.

PS- Make sure that you actually get to drive the car, not just be a passenger is such is important to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did you not give in and buy the scion? at least if it was a tc? [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my car!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:12 AM

The coupe looks like an Olds Alero circa 2003. The Quattroporte is gorgeous.

[ QUOTE ]
Mon,

I would try and talk them into letting you take the coupe for a spin instead. Much better looking IMO. A trip report would be killer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-12-2007, 09:41 PM

i got this promo too. i am definitely not a baller (yet). i did the online registration, but haven't gone yet. i live in nyc so its going to be a bit of a production to get to a dealership in nj or ct. would love to hear op's trip report
Old 02-12-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I were on our way to get lunch (Border Cafe in Harvard Square, very nice Tex/Mex type place) and set up in the parking lot across the street was a Scion promo. Ended up that all three of us took a test drive at the same time (Just sat in passenger seat and back) while he drove literally around one block, <5 minute. We each got a $30 gift cert. to the restaraunt we were going to anyways. So we got a huge lunch with tons of margaritas in exchange for taking a 5 minute ride and then filling out a 5 question survey.

PS- Make sure that you actually get to drive the car, not just be a passenger is such is important to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did you not give in and buy the scion? at least if it was a tc? [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my car!

[/ QUOTE ]

hell yeah the tc is a good car.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:02 AM

I have no idea whether this is legit or not...

If it is, go for it. The Maserati is a great car and would be fun to take it out for a spin. I was under the impression that you were not allowed to test drive exotic cars, I guess a Maserati does not count (my friend owns a ferrari, I don't think they test drove it until they were basically committed to buying).

Flemmings is a really good steak house, I have been there once, the steak was awesome and the sides are quite big and delicious.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:08 AM

My wife has agreed that we should do this, so I'm registered online and need to set up an appointment. We want to go just before we hit our first charity ball (her law firm is paying), too bad they won't let us take the car for that night.

BTW, for future reference, taking your wife shopping for formal ball gowns definitely wins you points. Suck it up and go with her.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:14 PM

Time for the trip report:

Last week, we call to make an appointment to drive the car. I leave a voice mail, no returned call. Call again, get someone. He won't make an appointment, but says come on in, they'll see if they can fit us in. He says they've been buried with this promo.

Saturday comes, and it's pouring rain. I think this will keep the crowd down, so we head out, and catch a break in the rain. Showroom is deserted. We start looking at the cars, salesmen ignore us. My wife finally flags down a salesman and says we want to do the test drive promo. A look of dread crosses his face, and he says we really don't want to test drive in bad weather. Okay, but we only have until the end of the month to do the test drive to get the $100 gift card, and we can't make it during the week. Is there a way we could have the card validated, but drive it after the date? The guy seems reluctant, but says he'll see what he can do.

Last day of the month comes, and he calls and says he's validated the card. My wife calls back and tries to schedule a test drive. Oh no, says the salesman, I've already validated your card, you don't have to drive the car. But we want to test drive it, says my wife. But you don't have to, whines the salesman. At this point it's obvious they REALLY don't want us to drive the car, but were more than happy to give us $100 to go away.

As I suspected, car salesmen of cars this expensive are snobs. Since we didn't roll up in a BMW 7 Series, I guess he figured we were joyriders. Which we were, but we are now joyriders that are $100 bucks richer for 10 minutes of work. Fortunately there was a WalMart across from the dealership, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Oddly enough, I got another card today from Maserati telling me the promo is extended. I don't have the balls to try it again, it probably has the same code as before and it does have my address, so I probably don't qualify for two awards. But the fact the promo is still going on has to drive salesmen like these guys nuts. Serves 'em right.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:30 PM

Today would have been a great day to do this (at least here in NJ). I say go back, f the hater salesmen.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:05 PM

Mon,

F him, you should have made him give you two gift cards if you didn't get to do the test drive.

Actually, you should write Maserati corporate about how disappointed you are that you were interested in purchasing a car and went to go do a test drive and were denied! Please do this!