Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Reheating Rice

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys, and Burgundy, you're overlooking the utter laziness that must be present for me to actually be reheating rice as opposed to making a fresh batch what with the ease of a rice cooker. It's not a horrible idea though...I guess...not really sure how to make fried rice but it seems like an ok idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno wtf you're saying.

Here's how to make fried rice:

Beat an egg and partially cook it in a wok or saute pan with a little oil, and set it aside. If you're using raw meat, cut it up and saute it until it's almost done, and set it aside (if you're using leftover cooked meat, add it when you put the egg back in). Then chop up and cook whatever veggies you have around, with some garlic and ginger. Add the rice and some soy sauce, cook for a couple minutes. Add back in the meat and egg. Stir it around until it's all combined. You now have a "fresh" tasty meal!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if it's Japanese rice but it is definitely the white sticky kind. You put the paper towel in the container on top of the rice? Sorry if I'm completely misunderstanding something basic, thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what I do is I use the paper towel sorta like it's saran wrap, so over the top of the open container, it's ok if it's touching the rice.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 PM

BTW I know this isn't really related but I had this Vietnamese burned rice stew a little while ago and it was fantastic. It's kind of like a pot of rice left on the burner too long so the bottom gets charred and crispy which sounds awful but tastes really good.