Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Butchered AA semi-deep 10/20 6max

[ QUOTE ]
are there any hands against which we lose value with a flop-3bet??

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of it depends on style. a lot of us who said 3-bet know that we won't lose value vs anything because of our overall strategy. if he folds 77 he's probably making a mistake in the longrun
Old 02-02-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Butchered AA semi-deep 10/20 6max

[ QUOTE ]
1. it's not a board you're ever going to not c-bet on with a missed hand, so it's transparent

[/ QUOTE ]
I check behind on this board often. Particularly with Ax, sometimes with draws. Occasionally checking with AA here protects me from bluffs, when I want to check down my likely good A high, and also sets me up for when I want to raise over his turn bet as a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
2. he's not often going to pair up on that free turn card, and since you didn't bet the flop, you won't make that much from those hands anyway because the pot will still be small

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much is better than nothing. He might fire the turn with these hands, unimproved, too.

[ QUOTE ]
3. you lose value if he already has a pair

[/ QUOTE ]
obv

[ QUOTE ]
4. you don't give him the opportunity to assume you're pushing him around and checkraise this flop with air or with a flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]
People tend not to believe it when you raise them on the turn, after checking behind, in this spot, IME. Especially if a spade rolls off.

You can get some loose calls, and protect yourself for the times when you try to check down a decent A or a small pair (which I do semi-often).

Obviously, I like the check a LOT better in a re-raised pot.