Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: NL50 - muck FH ?

I actually think this isn't quite an insta-call.

4s don't suddenly start c/min-raising on that counterfeiting turn. Neither would 9s or (m)any pocket pairs lower than KK.
And even KK might be rather weary.

Given that he didn't raise the flop, which he prolly should with a bare Q, I'm inclined to call.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at first when i looked at this i thought easy call. now im not sure. on the river were either beat or hes bluffing, unless he was slowplaying KK pf. he check MIN raised the turn on this board, we called telling him we have a hand and then he pushes river? 2 to 1, i might have to muck it (if im on my game).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually amazed that you can actually even consider folding this. Even if you assign villian a very very tight range: AQ, KQ, QJ, KK-1010 it is still an easy call considering there is only 3 possible hands that beat you and many more that you beat. Whats more you are getting 2-1 pot odds so you only have to win 1 in 3 times to make this play neutral EV.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

4s don't suddenly start c/min-raising on that counterfeiting turn. Neither would 9s or (m)any pocket pairs lower than KK.

Given that he didn't raise the flop, which he prolly should with a bare Q, I'm inclined to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH I think you are completely wrong here. I wouldn't be surprised to see villian with pockets tens or worse soemtimes. To think KK wouldn't like this flop (*board*) is super weak tight.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH I think you are completely wrong here. I wouldn't be surprised to see villian with pockets tens or worse soemtimes. To think KK wouldn't like this flop (*board*) is super weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, let's play a counting game:
Count how many Qx combinations are feasible, and compare that number to KK combinations.

And then, tell me why KK would believe check/minraising this turn is a good idea when he's either way ahead or way behind. Who's calling his minraise and who's folding?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:26 AM

Raise more preflop and shove turn.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, let's play a counting game:
Count how many Qx combinations are feasible, and compare that number to KK combinations.

And then, tell me why KK would believe check/minraising this turn is a good idea when he's either way ahead or way behind. Who's calling his minraise and who's folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board most pocket pairs think they are alive here..theres only one card ur scared of
Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On this board most pocket pairs think they are alive here..theres only one card ur scared of

[/ QUOTE ]
I certainly agree with that, but why would they check/minraise the turn?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM

hell whats you problem?
push!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 AM

Quads dont exist. Call. I push the turn too.

OMG ZEEBOOOED
Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I certainly agree with that, but why would they check/minraise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

scared u have a queen? scared u have an over pair? scared to build a big pot with a vulnerable hand? Thinks minibetting is good?

At these limits you cant always figure out why somebody does something...just realize it is far far +ev to call this river bet...generally people dont expect to see aces in this spot