Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Bottom Set on very dry board - 25nl

[ QUOTE ]
i like your check on the flop. the likelihood that they have much of anytihng at all in an unraised pot is low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You have a set...you want to build up for a stacking. You're praying to find somebody who can't get away from TPTK. You'll never get their stack if you're flat calling 50 cents on the flop.

Surely defeats the object of playing low PPs?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like your check on the flop. the likelihood that they have much of anytihng at all in an unraised pot is low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You have a set...you want to build up for a stacking. You're praying to find somebody who can't get away from TPTK. You'll never get their stack if you're flat calling 50 cents on the flop.

Surely defeats the object of playing low PPs?

[/ QUOTE ]

what u r saying is fine, but the fact of the matter is, can u really put anyone on tptk in this hand? leading is fine, ive just found in my experience that stacking someone else in an unraised pot (well this pot was minraised, but its practically the same thing) is just so unlikely that id rather not scare them all away by leading out in first position. its a real strong move and people interpret it as such. i would of course prefer to stack someone in this situation, i just dont think it generally happens often enough.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:14 AM

I'll fold a set when they pry it from my cold dead fingers
Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 AM

Semi-Grunch because a quick overview found nothing that made sense. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

My God, bet out on that flop vs. so many Villains. Somebody is likely to have something decent, and you want to start building a pot. c/r is no good, will just blow them out of the pot. If you take it down, fine, you won the pot, on to the next hand, it's not like you have the absolute nuts or anything.

As played... well... I have no idea because I'd never play it that way. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]