Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Limit play adjustments

[ QUOTE ]
The author makes the suggestion to slowplay until the flop or river. I disagree. With so many player willing to get very aggressive with increasingly marginal hands, I prefer getting as much money in on every street with big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you disagree. Did you go to tell your mom too? Well, what I am saying is that one needs to adjust, adjust, adjust. There is the theory and then there is the practise that's all about adjusting. No rights, no wrongs, just adjusting. Just agree, agree, agree, and then do just the opposite.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Limit play adjustments

[ QUOTE ]
- Low pair, low pocket pair, Ace-high.
Trend: calling down to any aggression to the river; folding if there are too many scare cards; checking on the river if there’s no aggression from opponent.
Your game: raising early; raising if there are too many scare cards; never giving a free showdown– bluff it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be appreciated if Peter might share a couple of hand histories that highlight this play. When running it, I've generally been getting my head kicked in. Either I win a small pot or lose a big pot.

Yes, there are certain profiles against whom this move works but continuing to fire the river against them can be a real spew.

I'd be curious to hear the degree to which there may be meta game upside, but as a stand alone play it isn't pulling its weight over the last month or so.