Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Will He Ever Be (Close To) The Same???

awesome jersey
Old 02-03-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship it to me!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 AM

Another sick video. RIP to this I guess -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TY2aYBzgJ...ed&search=
Old 02-03-2007, 12:38 PM

lol that first clip is from Chinese Sports channel they still love the guy, I swear they play atleast 10 of his goals a day at random intervals.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 PM

2nd song wtf????
Old 02-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Samba de janeiro? That's like the most overplayed song ever when you see something Brazil-related.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

>

[/ QUOTE ]

AND it's time for me to end my winter bulker and start cutting again. i planned to start on the 15th but after seeing this i have to start now. thanks for the inspirational pic.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As FH said he blew out his knee (twice? I seem to remember it happening twice, though that doesn't seem right). Since then he has been nothing like before. It's a credit to him that since then he's had to change styles and was still a top striker up until a couple years ago.

You are right though, in the late 90s he was an absolute beast. Had he not been injured and kept playing vaguely like he did then, he could have been one of the 5 or 10 best players ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, are you implying that given how things turned out he's not gonna go down as one of the top 5-10 best players ever?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wait, are you implying that given how things turned out he's not gonna go down as one of the top 5-10 best players ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

That’s not that unthinkable the second half of his career has been plagued by injuries his record at world cups has looked great on paper but not so good in person. Theirs over a hundred years of history with players from over a hundred countries competing for a place in a top 10.
Pele
Maradona
Cryuff
Beckenbauer
Platini
Best
Lev Yashin
Socrates
Garrincha
Puskas.
I'm sure you could add 10 more to that list with out too much effort and its hard drop any of the ones on there already.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That’s not that unthinkable the second half of his career has been plagued by injuries his record at world cups has looked great on paper but not so good in person. Theirs over a hundred years of history with players from over a hundred countries competing for a place in a top 10.
Pele
Maradona
Cryuff
Beckenbauer
Platini
Best
Lev Yashin
Socrates
Garrincha
Puskas.
I'm sure you could add 10 more to that list with out too much effort and its hard drop any of the ones on there already.

[/ QUOTE ]

hard to compare players from such different eras, although in most cases i'd give the edge to today's generation considering for the most part players have become faster, stronger, overall better (take this with a grain of salt, i'm basically just saying there is more talent nowadays so dominating in this day in age i would think says more about a players skill).

Given that, regardless of era, i agreee with pele, maradona, cruijff, beckenbauer, platini, and best. Puskas also i suppose.

I, however, will have to respectfully disagree with socrates and garrincha. There is absolutely no way i can compare these three players and what they've done (against the talent they competed against) and say that socrates and garrincha belong ahead of ronaldo, i don't think i'd even have either in my top 20 list, but to each his own.

Lev Yashin was amazing no doubt, but again, I just can't see myself placing a goalkeeper ahead of a player like ronaldo. The top 5 or so is fairly obvious and as you said there are tons of players that can be sprinkled among the top 10 or 20, but as stated, given what ronaldo did during his youth in this day in age, I think i'd have him in my top 10.