Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Study/Moving Up/Bankroll questions (long).

[ QUOTE ]
I could do it with different winrates, and find a RoR calculator to brute force a strategy that is acceptable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROR calculator
b
Old 01-31-2007, 10:34 PM

Long, thoughtful answer to a serious set of questions. You rock, Harv.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies so far! I will revise my bankroll strategy over the next couple of months, but I want to pursue as aggressive a course of action as possible. 1000BB is too much, and 250 is too small. I haven't done the "best case scenario" of playing about 1500 hands a week and making 1BB/100 to when I should be at 5/10 with this strategy (or others). A lot of assumptions in that statement! It might be worthwhile, though. I could do it with different winrates, and find a RoR calculator to brute force a strategy that is acceptable to me.

I believe that the main reason I'm not playing higher is because I've pursued an overly protective bankroll strategy, but perhaps my strategy is too aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple years ago we ran an open challenge here on Small Stakes. Anyone who wanted to give it a shot took $25 and started out playing .50/1 limit hold'em. Whenever you won 50 BBs, you took the $50 and sat down at 1/2. Win 50 BBs there, you took that $100 and played 2/4. Every time you won 50 BBs at a limit, you moved up to the next one. If you lost 25 BBs at a limit, you moved back down to the previous one. The object was to see who could complete the challenge by winning 50 BBs at the highest limit available first (back then the highest that Party offered was 30/60).

If you really want to see how high you can go & how quickly, give that a shot. It only requires a $25 commitment out of your bankroll, but it might give you a chance to try yourself at 5/10 & higher.