Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Straight flush draw facing huge turn bet

point well taken. But as you pointed out, milking with one of the spades doubtful. I guess I was factoring in along with higer portion of stacks that pot is bigger and thus if milking could bet higher on river.

But as mentioned, point well taken. I still don't like calling flop without a plan for turn, and if that's folding partially because he suspects AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , that definitely hasn't changed. I hate calling here.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:39 AM

Well I called the flop because I didn't think he was going to lead with a pot size bet on the turn. I had never seen him pot a pot, not even with a flopped boat, so I thought he might have been just cbetting.

My original plan was shove the turn so it looks less like a draw. However, when the K peeled off and he put out another pot size bet, I realized I had no fold equity and was up at least against AK, so I had to fold that turn.

After reading your posts, I realized that if I play these suited connectors, that I have to shove that flop to maximize my fe and that it's pretty weak tight if I don't play these hands like that.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 AM

I fold preflop pretty quick.

If I didn't I raise this flop A LOT and if I don't raise I'd fold it. Your not getting odds to draw unless you get a free card (and even than there not that good). Call is the worst of 3 options actually...

I am not really afraid of AsQs and AsKs, I actually think you'll see missed overs without a draw a lot here and he's just trying to end the hand (he seems the slowplaying type with draws/monsters) right now.