Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: 25NL 6max too aggressive??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise this preflop. I think I'd bet/3-bet allin this flop. When you bet there's a chance that yourr opponent will fold. When you 3-bet allin there is a good chance your will fold and if he calls you have almost 50% chance to win. If you check/raise, why don't you check raise to allin? I think it will fold your opponent more often and that's good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong on so many different levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 PM

The worst thing you said was re-raising that junk preflop. I fold KTs UTG.

You have close to zero folding equity.

You can only have 12 real outs. So you are around a 46% favorite.

Why would you suggest pushing when you're getting good enough odds and allow another player to stay in the pot and take his money too?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:48 PM

I meant I'd raise that preflop, not reraise. This means I would raise after that poster checks and button folds. That would change a lot of things. To the postflop, I don't agree with that zero fold equity. This board is scary and big raises will make people fold often. Actually I didn't notice there was that UTG in pot still. My bad, sorry. I would then just call trying to get his money too. In one on one situation I think bet/3-bet allin is a good way to go. Getting a lot of money in when you have a pretty good drawing hand and some fold equity too...
Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Your flop raise was too big (edit: Oops, just saw the UTG call, nevermind) and makes it hard to get away from. You're most likely in the 50/50 neighborhood, so it doesn't really matter what you do. Your fold or call at this point is mainly for image purposes.

It is a twelve outer, though (maybe throw a few more outs in for the K), and I find these hard to let go. Although I prefer shoving the money in versus calling with monster draws for a little FE. Flip a coin or play a game of solitary RoShambo, and pick an option. It is a pretty draw. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM

I would bet/3bet ai, just because I'd rather be making the 3bet ai than calling the 3bet ai.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 PM

I would call the flop because of his PSB i dont think he's folding if we raise. On the Turn if we miss our draw we may have to let it go depending on if we get the right implied odds.