Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Cab / Limo at LV airport.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flying plural cab will cost the same and the cab line moves very quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in that line on a friday night a couple weeks ago. 45 minutes from the time I got in line till I got into a cab. Typical weekend at the airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

An hour fifteen, I was told Monday, when they got on my shuttle bus.

Bell Trans Door 1 in March $5.50/per Rarely more than 45 minutes if you're the very last person to get off. Mid-strip, probably less than it would take standing in line.

Kid ya not.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Yeah, if there's a huge line it may be better to shuttle, but if the line's reasonable I'm paying for a cab next time.

If it were in a limo, maybe, but I was coming in at 10AM on a Sunday morning, so there wasn't much to see.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm going to be landing around 1030pm on a Saturday in a month. I plan on checking in at the airport at MGM Grand. I believe they have a shuttle to take me to the hotel. Am I correct to think this is the best way for me to get to the hotel?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be landing around 1030pm on a Saturday in a month. I plan on checking in at the airport at MGM Grand. I believe they have a shuttle to take me to the hotel. Am I correct to think this is the best way for me to get to the hotel?

[/ QUOTE ]

100% correct. You'll get there in less than half the time as it would take waiting for a cab since MGM is one of the first stops for the shuttles.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. MGM does NOT have a shuttle. Sorry.

100% correct. You'll get there in less than half the time as it would take waiting for a cab since MGM is one of the first stops for the shuttles.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-30-2007, 11:24 PM

For fastest access to the cab line - when you get to the baggage claim area (even if you didn't check bags), grab one of the baggage helpers (porters?). Tell him you want a cab and give him $3-$5 up front. He'll take you to the special line - basically, the front of the line. This isn't the cheapest option, but with 3 people, it likely works out. Also, it's a good idea to look outside at the line first and guess if it's short or long - it's amazing how short it is sometimes.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming the cab lines will be long.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread should be only two posts long, how come it got so filled with responses? The answer is direct simple - Give the luggage porter a fiver, and you will skip the taxi line. Always. Thats their job, to take your tips and get you to the front of the line. Carrying your luggage is an added bonus.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2007, 01:09 AM

The "limos" spoken of above are essentially shuttles. They cram in as many people as they can into a stretch Lincoln or Caddie and drop you off. It has the usual pitfalls of a shuttle as well - if it doesn't fill up quickly, you might be waiting awhile. In the springtime it's not a big deal. In the summer, it can be.

If I'm feeling baller and the cab line is long, I'll hire a real limo for 50 or 60 bucks.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 AM

So the MGM website is wrong in saying they have a shuttle?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 AM

Usually they will just sell you a ticket to one of the shuttles operating at the airport. They are all rigt next to each other by the cabs. I don't know specifically about MGM, but that's what the other hotels do.