Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Me bad or bad session

As others have said, you're overvaluing your hands, especially TP.
TP is often good enough to go to the felt with in SNGs when stacks are shallower, but you'll lose big with that approach in cash games.
Oh, and stealing with Q4o is just plain wrong unless the blinds are uber tight.
Just play more games, you'll get more experience at playing over three streets and excercising pot control.
Cash is way more interesting too. I came from SNGS as well, and haven't played one since switching.

Stick with it, read and post hands, and the results will come.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 PM

What makes you think villains were saying, "Man, I hate this guy's cbets, let me re-raise him with trash every time"? Never goes like that, they don't think enough to do that. Wow, so you got re-raised a couple of times. Big deal. Don't adjust the size of your bets unless your raises aren't getting respect PF, and you don't learn that until three or four rotations, not two or three hands.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:08 AM

H1: Fold preflop. LAG stands for loose aggressive, not stupid aggressive. You need at least two factors to come together to raise with Q4o on the button: implied odds and 100% confidence you can out play your opponents. As played bet the flop. Shove the turn. The guy has like a dollar left and your making up reasons to check a street?

H2: Looks fine. Not much choice there.

H3: Dude, you have top pair no kicker on a paired board. And you are calling a reraise?! And please forget about squeezing things with A6 from BB. At least until you get to 1000NL or something.

H4: Read dependent.

This is not a bad session. This is just normal variance. You made a couple mistakes here and there, but its probably not the main reason your a few buy ins down. These are not even bad beats nor bad luck, this is just normal poker. Happens to me every third session or something. For comparison, I play two tables and in a matter of about 300 hands I ran into 3 quads and a straight flush, loosing a buy in or two in each of them. Its just variance.

For the future, do not play silly hands preflop and do not overvalue your top pair. And next time bring proper hands for analysis, these are all shortstacks and pretty much useless.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:10 AM

Again thanks for all the comments so far.

I think I'm going to take a couple of days off from playing and read through this forum and watch videos. It all seems like very good stuff.

Felix