Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: So, I witnessed my own home being vandalized...

I actually thought they came in and broke some stuff, or at the very least wrote some stuff on your siding or something.

Hoodlums breaking your mailbox is small time, and while annoying, isn't that big a deal.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
these kids who are doing this are lil highschool kids who are just got messin around, u running out of ur house will scare these kids away everytime. Also from the way this sounds, it sounds like these kids could be back, u need to be prepared. Just have ur pants ready again, but this time hav a camera set up by the door. And just run out and take a pic then go back in ur house. Once u get out there and take the pic the kids will be running off because they are so scared of adults. Then the next day just take the pic to the cops. Just make sure u got plates in ur pic. if u do then u are set, for once the police talk to these kids parents the kids will piss there pants and never mess with u again. GL

[/ QUOTE ]
JESUS CHRIST, YOU/YOUR. This isn't fkn AIM.

Also, I agree that the subject is misleading. I don't think your home and mailbox are the same thing, although I'm sorry to hear about what happened.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have a question:

Does Texas law seriously let you shoot someone who is destroying your mailbox?

[/ QUOTE ]

only if you keep your mailbox inside your premises and that person has entered your house...so, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

A while back I thought I had read that some guy wasted a repo man who was taking his car and got off. I thought it was "legal" to shoot a guy in the back in Texas if he is in the process of stealing your property.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hoodlums breaking your mailbox is small time, and while annoying, isn't that big a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

“What people don’t realize is that it feels like a prank to them, but they can be imprisoned, can be hit with a fine $10,000 per incident, and it is a federal offense” - Shannon LaBruyere, communications coordinator with the United State Postal Service
Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have a question:

[/ QUOTE ]

only if you keep your mailbox inside your premises and that person has entered your house...so, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

A while back I thought I had read that some guy wasted a repo man who was taking his car and got off. I thought it was "legal" to shoot a guy in the back in Texas if he is in the process of stealing your property.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know every case here of course, but the law's pretty specific. if the person hasnt entered your home, you can not use deadly force. id be surprised if the scenario you described went down exactly as is. maybe there were other circumstances.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

“What people don’t realize is that it feels like a prank to them, but they can be imprisoned, can be hit with a fine $10,000 per incident, and it is a federal offense” - Shannon LaBruyere, communications coordinator with the United State Postal Service

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what may be said. id like to see how many people actually do prison time and how much of the $10,000/incident is actually paid for each mailbox busted up. as frustrating as it is i would bet it's close to 0%. theyre not sending the feds over to your house over this incident.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:08 PM

Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what may be said. id like to see how many people actually do prison time and how much of the $10,000/incident is actually paid for each mailbox busted up. as frustrating as it is i would bet it's close to 0%. theyre not sending the feds over to your house over this incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few crimes end with the defendant receiving the fullest/harshest punishment allowable. I was only pointing out that technically, it's not really “small time”.

But I understand the point - it's not a really big deal, in the grand scheme of things. More annoying than anything. For me, SEEING it happen was just so infuriating. I would have rather just woken up the next morning and discovered the damage.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have a question:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know every case here of course, but the law's pretty specific. if the person hasnt entered your home, you can not use deadly force. id be surprised if the scenario you described went down exactly as is. maybe there were other circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possible. This was years ago that I heard about it and don't really remember any other details. I may try and track down some more info but I really don't need any other excuses to keep me from grinding, must gogogogo.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Throw rocks at them from your window.