Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: The Well: Iggymcfly

My expenses are really low right now. I'm actually living at home right now until I figure out where I want to move to. I'm paying my mom $500 a month rent just because she's not doing as well financially as I am, but I could live almost free if I want to. The only things I really have to pay are my cell phone bill, my car payment, and my student loans.

I'm not really the type to budget out stuff like that anyway. I don't think "oh my expenses are X, I want to win Y". I pretty much just pay my bills as they come out and spend money on outside expenses when I feel like it.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 PM

Realized I also missed the second half of one question earlier:

[ QUOTE ]
How many buy-ins would you consider a "fairly safe" bankroll for the levels you currently play at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably about 50 buy-ins is where I feel safe. There's still a chance that I'd have to move down if I got a cold run of cards there, but I don't feel like it's very likely at that point, and I don't feel like the risks are too unreasonable. I'm not the best in the world at BR management though, I tend to take a lot of risks.

To really have a low risk of ruin never moving down given the LAG high-variance style I'd play, I should really probably want to have 100 buy-ins even though I don't have that much right now. Until very recently, I was playing underrolled as I got into the game before realizing just how big it played, and then enjoyed it enough that I didn't want to quit.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:05 AM

IMO 70 buy-ins is pretty OK standard bankroll for omaha if you play 5-10 handed and you have been winner at lower levels. If you play shorter, then more is needed.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:52 AM

I've seen you go all in on an 8 high FD only, and on a QQ overpair only in large pots on bodog's 5/10...which confuses me. I know you ran hot there for a day and made some sick dough...but do you find your style there is working on a reliable, regular basis? Can you characterize how you operate there? Any more thoughts on spackle than you indicate in your low content posts?

-An interested railbird.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:59 AM

I try to steal a lot of pots on the flop, partially just to take them down and partially to set up my image for big pots later. Then when I get raised by shortstacks, there are a lot of times I get forced into marginal calls, just because I have the right odds against their ranges. Pretty sure that I had other outs in both of those spots you mentioned though.

And I'm not just up on one day on Bodog. I've played about 10,000 hands of 5/10 PLO on there, and I'm up quite a bit in the long term. I will admit that my aggressive strategy works better when everyone's deep though than it does when there are a bunch of shortstacks looking to pick me off.

As for Spackle, I actually thought my LC stuff was pretty in-depth. I mean there's situation-specific reads and stuff, but I think that was a pretty good summary.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:04 AM

I wasn't implying it wasn't. Thank you for the answers. Sick games now, gl man.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:33 AM

Spackle is a huge fish and I stand with my statement.

I predict busto for him in next two weeks, if heīs BR ainīt endless.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:37 AM

He's tilting worse lately. I wouldn't be surprised to see him blow through his roll, although I would be surprised if he didn't win his money from poker to begin with.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: The Well: Iggymcfly *DELETED*

Post deleted by AJFenix
Old 01-28-2007, 11:33 AM

Note: Also ignoring posts from obvious trolls who PM me when they don't like my comments on some stupid hands they posted in BBV.