Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Are the Cards on Pokerstars Random?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that wants to dispute this can take a look at my database.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to dispute this.

What's the url to your database?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-28-2007, 12:15 PM

ok
this is for party poker random starting cards
its right on the money after 233.334k hands dealt.

......................................i got..........should be
pocket pair______________13,841__________13,767
suited connectors_________4,879___________4,900
all connectors___________19,846__________19,833.
suited cards_____________54,787__________54,832
single A_________________33,860__________33,816
so thats that
my next step is the flop with these hands this will take some time.
i will keep you updated
Old 01-31-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok
this is for party poker random starting cards
its right on the money after 233.334k hands dealt.

......................................i got..........should be
pocket pair______________13,841__________13,767
suited connectors_________4,879___________4,900
all connectors___________19,846__________19,833.
suited cards_____________54,787__________54,832
single A_________________33,860__________33,816
so thats that
my next step is the flop with these hands this will take some time.
i will keep you updated

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I am looking for...just some analysis. But, to tell you the truth I don't care that much for starting hands, as it would be unreasonable for the sites to deviate from them to much - since those stats are relatively simple to get.

I was looking for something a little more substantial, such as, how often do you lose with AAs to KKs? Or, how often do you get dealt KKs and someone has been dealt AAs. Or how many gutshots can you lose to in a day? Those are factors that will lead you into the direction of figuring if poker sites are rigged.

I'm not saying that they are rigged, but I am saying that to use the argument that the sites have nohing to gain by rigging them is popostrous. Let me give an example just to make the point. I have 20 players that play in a house game regualrly. After these 20 players go broke it will be tough to find new players and the game is pretty much finished. If I am the one taking the rake for this game and I brainstorm ways to make the game last longer, the first thing I would do is figure out how to make the winners leave the game. If those winners no longer play and the bad players play equally as bad, the game will last much longer.

I have spoken to several people that have been winning players for very large samples of hands and all o a sudden their fortunes have changed for the last 50k hands, that just doesn't happen.

Explain to me why this is happening. The games have definitely not gotten tougher.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 PM

the only thing you need to do to realize that the site is rigged for more action, and more big hands losing to bigger hands is play a little 5 card draw on Pokerstars.

when you play draw in your home game and you're playing jacks or better to open, it's not unusual in a 6 handed game for you and your friends to go 4, 5, or even 6 hands just to find someone with a big enough hand to open a pot.

then play draw poker on Pokerstars and get ready to laugh your ass off. i played in a draw SNG recently where the average winning hnd was a about a straight. first hand, a straight lost to a flush....i got DEALT a full house and beat a guy who drew a flush on the same hand...i got dealt aces, drew 3 cards picked up a pair of 5's for aces up and mucked cuz some guy drew no cards, then showed everyone he was dealt a flush...i lost one hand with a set of aces to a straight....was dealt aces about 4 times and lost with them every time. basically there were huge hands being made all over the place, and i busted out after only about 40 hands.

there's no way it's random.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:40 PM

you (the last two posters) are [censored] morons.

your methods for determining whether pokerstars is rigged has all the intellectual rigor of kindergarten.

This takes the cake:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that they are rigged, but I am saying that to use the argument that the sites have nohing to gain by rigging them is popostrous. Let me give an example just to make the point. I have 20 players that play in a house game regualrly. After these 20 players go broke it will be tough to find new players and the game is pretty much finished. If I am the one taking the rake for this game and I brainstorm ways to make the game last longer, the first thing I would do is figure out how to make the winners leave the game. If those winners no longer play and the bad players play equally as bad, the game will last much longer

[/ QUOTE ]

The suggestion that the card randomisation program is intimately linked to a player's deposit/account history is absurd.

What if two losing players are in a pot? How does the computer figure out who to favour?

More information on the random shuffle is available at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

I'm now annoyed at myself for even engaging in this discussion.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The suggestion that the card randomisation program is intimately linked to a player's deposit/account history is absurd.

What if two losing players are in a pot? How does the computer figure out who to favour?

More information on the random shuffle is available at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

I'm now annoyed at myself for even engaging in this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are an absolute [censored] moron. The fact that you can't see that billionaire dollar gaming sites don't have the software intelligence to take a good player down, show that you are one of those people that will eventually go broke from stupidity. You obviously know very little about the kinds of software that exist out there. You are taking about an industry that should be highly regulated, but these people have no one to answer to. They have free reign to do as they wish with the money the players have put into the site and the beauty of it is that no one can ever prove that the cards aren't random.

The fact that you have linked us to a website that is trying show us that we are not being cheated also demonstrates that you are severly mentally challenged. I am accountant who deals with auditors every day. I can tell you that I have to ability to conceal $10 of income in a company that earns $20 of revenue. Oh yeah, auditors are real hard to fool you naive piece of [censored].

I hope your gullibility doesn't eventually break you, but I have a very good feeling that it eventually will, and I will say I told you so.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you are an absolute [censored] moron. The fact that you can't see that billionaire dollar gaming sites don't have the software intelligence to take a good player down, show that you are one of those people that will eventually go broke from stupidity. You obviously know very little about the kinds of software that exist out there. You are taking about an industry that should be highly regulated, but these people have no one to answer to. They have free reign to do as they wish with the money the players have put into the site and the beauty of it is that no one can ever prove that the cards aren't random.

The fact that you have linked us to a website that is trying show us that we are not being cheated also demonstrates that you are severly mentally challenged. I am accountant who deals with auditors every day. I can tell you that I have to ability to conceal $10 of income in a company that earns $20 of revenue. Oh yeah, auditors are real hard to fool you naive piece of [censored].

I hope your gullibility doesn't eventually break you, but I have a very good feeling that it eventually will, and I will say I told you so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Best post ever.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

your methods for determining whether pokerstars is rigged has all the intellectual rigor of kindergarten.

So, when Tony Soprano tells his daughter, 'there is no mafia' we should just believe him.

holy [censored], dude, a link to Pokerstars? you criticize the OP then come back with a link?
you gotta be kidding me. you just HAVE to be kidding.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:28 AM

Just finished playing a PL5cd S&G on stars. 2 of the players commented on how that they thought that the site is rigged. One guy even said something like it takes a royal to win a hand here. On his next few hands he got a boat and trips and I think a str8 a few hands later. He said, "See what I mean, this is rigged". I will say that as far as draw goes 6 handed there, there does seem to be quite a few dealt big pairs and 2 pairs predraw. Could be the higher # of hands being played per hour online vs. live? Not sure. I too played a L5CD home thing a few weeks back and several times nobody could open for J's for many many hands in a row as well. There is no opener on stars for their draw though. Random? I really hope so
Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 AM

pokersafety.blogspot.com

There, all your arguments for online poker being rigged debunked on one site.