Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: This one got ugly

Check this out dude. When you announce your hand but don't bet enough to shut out weaker hands.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $0.75</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $2.75</font> LOOK WHOS GOT ACES!, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.6, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $8.6</font> NICE BET ACES, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero IS A FAVORITE 3WAYS WITH FD AND GUTSHOT raises all-in $22.4</font>, BB calls $13.80, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 calls all-in $10.05</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $72.05

Now, had he raised to $4 or $5 maybe Mr. Callingstation between us doesn't come along. No way I'm calling without his money in the pot, and even if he does call I don't want to put 1/5 my stack in preflop with rags! He coulda won $1.50, or get heads up with Mr. Callingstation, but instead he lost his stack. My spade fell on the river, but even without the results I think you'll see I'm +sklansky-bucks on this hand.

Or, how about this one where he didn't telegraph his hand, but instead tried to disguise it and slowplay me.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.35, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $13.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $23.25</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $48.85

That's a RIO situation. Slowplaying aces gets you there.

I can do this all day long, unless you bet and bet big and make my crap hand fold.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: This one got ugly

[ QUOTE ]
If I raise this to $4 PF, the only thing that calls is KK from what I've seen on Stars, maybe QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this reasoning is indeed correct (doubtful) then your approach to deal with it is awful. IOW, you should then be reraising more hands, not downplaying aces.