Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Two reality shows that need discussion: Maui Fever and White Rapper

I don't think these shows need their own thread, but I hope I am not the only one watching them. For those who are unaware, Maui Fever is a new MTV show. It is pretty much Laguna Beach (the cast is a older, which is a plus because more drinking is taking place) set in Hawaii with chicks in bikinis all the time. The White Rapper show is on VH1 and can best be described as Making the Band rap version combined with Survivor, with the all the rappers being white. My take on the shows:

Maui Fever-Like the potential here. Chaunte is hot and is going to be good for stiring up drama between the friends, plus she likes to wear thong bikinis. Anna is cute but has only been a minor character so far, not sure what her role is going to be yet. I like Corbin a lot, something about his look and attitude cracks me up. It's only two shows in, but I think this is going to be good. One wish is that they introduce more female characters, as Chaunte and Anna are pretty much it so far.

The White Rapper show-This show is awesome for it's intentional, unintentional comedy. I'm sure the producers of the show knew it would be funny, but I'm pretty sure the participants didn't think it was a goof. A lot of people had their wigger phase in high school (including me), but eventually grew out of it. If you didn't grow out of it, you would act like the people on this show. Unfortunately, one of the best characters, G-Child, just got eliminated. She claimed her role model for rap was Vanilla Ice if that helps give you a sense of her contribution to the show. Anyway, I love this show and seeing how serious MC Serch takes the whole competion. Anyway, if you are watching, I suggest checking out an episode or two.

Anyone else watching these shows? El D, I'm surprised you haven't started a Maui Fever thread already.