Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: No tailgaiting at super bowl, for \"security reasons\"

Am I the only one who feels like the Super Bowl officially sucks? (This doesn't help it). We have 2 weeks to wait for some over-hyped, over-analzyed, over-commercialized championship game. The game usually sucks and is very one sided. You can't talk during commercials cause everyone wants to hear them. You can't talk at halftime cause everyone wants to see that. You have a ton of people over and don't get to really get into the game cause of all the crap going on around you. Personally, my heaven is the championship games, they are usually much closer and much more enjoyable. The last true "guys" football weekend was last weekend I'm afraid.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow. 9/11 really worked well at making our government into completely irrational retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like the government is just enforcing what a private company decide to do on private property.

Also every year people talk about how corporate fat cats are the only people going to the SB. I don't think there would be much tailgating to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if your a loser like me and is getting ready to go to Arizona next year to cheer on the Jags, from the parking lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know hundreds of Steelers fans that did this exact thing last year. It's what we do. I'd love to see cops try and stop thousands of Yinzers from tailgating. No police force has that kind of man power.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who feels like the Super Bowl officially sucks? (This doesn't help it). We have 2 weeks to wait for some over-hyped, over-analzyed, over-commercialized championship game. The game usually sucks and is very one sided. You can't talk during commercials cause everyone wants to hear them. You can't talk at halftime cause everyone wants to see that. You have a ton of people over and don't get to really get into the game cause of all the crap going on around you. Personally, my heaven is the championship games, they are usually much closer and much more enjoyable. The last true "guys" football weekend was last weekend I'm afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it does suck. I watch the game alone, ignore the pregame, commercials and halftime. I find I enjoy it much more that way.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:11 AM

This part makes it seem pretty discretionary:

[ QUOTE ]
If caught grilling food or drinking alcohol within the one-mile radius of the stadium, fans "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said.

[/ QUOTE ]
This reads to me like "if you aren't wearing a turban and you have an American beer in your hand, we're cool". The key term being "warned", not "prosecuted" or "ticketed". I really don't envision much crackdown, much less within a full mile radius. Seriously.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:47 AM

What if you are diabetic and are merely eating a banana in your car?

Instant incarceration?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I was at a Super Bowl party last year where everyone brought their girlfriends or wives. The girls spent the entire time loudly chatting with each other as they had absolutely no interest in the game. Half of the guys there weren't football fans, either, and they spent most of the game getting drunk and making asses of themselves.

The highlight of the night was when one of the guys at the party decided that it was time to order pizza. However, he was having trouble getting people to pay attention to him so that he could figure out what he needed to order. His solution was to stand in front of the TV and refuse to move until he got everyone's pizza order AND money. When people yelled at him to get out of the way, he turned off the TV.

It was a miserable evening all around. This year, I'm inviting over a few friends, but only if they're football fans.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I was at a Super Bowl party last year where everyone brought their girlfriends or wives. The girls spent the entire time loudly chatting with each other as they had absolutely no interest in the game. Half of the guys there weren't football fans, either, and they spent most of the game getting drunk and making asses of themselves.

The highlight of the night was when one of the guys at the party decided that it was time to order pizza. However, he was having trouble getting people to pay attention to him so that he could figure out what he needed to order. His solution was to stand in front of the TV and refuse to move until he got everyone's pizza order AND money. When people yelled at him to get out of the way, he turned off the TV.

It was a miserable evening all around. This year, I'm inviting over a few friends, but only if they're football fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never watch the Bowl with non football fans. I did the same kinda thing five years ago, and it played out pretty much the same way. Now I have 3 guys over (my only friends that like football) and it's awesome. I would really rather watch alone than put up with that crap.