Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Razz- I know I played this wrong but take a look and tell me why

As soon as I finished the hand I thought. Wait.... raise? Why didn't I do that? On fourth st I know it's okay, but A35 is a good draw and only a couple of my cards were dead far as I know. At least that was my reasoning. As you say I need to make up one big bet, but my math and razz thinking in Razz are'nt quite at that level yet.

[ QUOTE ]
4th street you can call if you expect the other guy to limp along - you need to make up one big bet between 3rd street and 4th street to have the correct pot size to do this (around 7 SB or implied odds that the villain will see 1 more street if he bricks 2x). If you don't start raising that river vs this opponent you need to quit, thats such an easy raise!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-26-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In short, I would call rather than raise on seventh because the opponent knows more about my hand (best I can have is 7) than I do about his (he could have wheel or six).

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering who the opponent seems to be, I'd raise and cal a 3-bet - and STILL be a long term favorite. Does that make it easier to swallow? I wont raise vs an expert opponent who knows I am capable of folding to a 3-bet. I like to get value on my marginal raises [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Thanks for the further explanation.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:49 AM

Actually, you played this hand quite well in fact. Stick to this kind of play and you'll become a very good player.

[ QUOTE ]

Villian, he's agro and plays with bricks in the whole.

Razz ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15

[/ QUOTE ]

at a .50/1 table, just about everyone plays with bricks in the hole. but given you've noticed his tendency already, you're call on 4th is certainly justified (esp. since he hits a 5, of which only one is dead. Another story entirely if he hits the case A or something). your bet on 5th is good here, since you're probly way ahead and even if he is perfect in the hole you're only a small dog (p.s. given his possible hole cards, i don't know HOW he called here). River is trickier. Vs. a logical player, smooth calling is best since as Tricky says, he's got to put you an a 7 here and would rarely pay you off without having you beat. If you have seen this guys play enough tho, I would defintely raise, since there's no way he's laying it down on the river with anything short of playing a pair.

sounds like your only "mistake" was posting the results in your original post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]