Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Discussion on a line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have done it rarely but with a good read with absolutely nothing. ie villain raises pf assume 20/15 with cbet of 90. i call out os SB with 56c flop comes 10 9 2 rainbow i check he bets i call with the plan to bet any low card turn. believe it or not this line has been very profitable against a vilain like this.

disclaimer: im not endorsing this play or saying it should be used often but in the right circumstance it works.

also i do like the OOP float because a weak tight villain, or hero like myself, will give up on a scary turn card.

flop 2 hearts ace high. i check call smallish bets planning to bet him out of a heart turn. when the heart hits i lead out and can usually take it down

disclaimer: see above

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever do this with a hand that can call a turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes def, a small flopped set is a perfect hand to do it with, and to off set teh few times i do try and pull it off with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yoiks, I usually b3b or c/r with a flopped set ... I guess that's too transparent. IMO against most opponents, c/c, lead keeps the pot too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain opens CO for 4xBB you call out of SB with 33, flop 3 6 10 rainbow. youre actually trying to bet b3b here. a c/r is ok but i tend to like a stop and go more often then not.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:38 PM

So the general consensus is that when someone does this they have a weakish hand, not a monster? How often do you find raising these weak turn leads with air takes it down, or do people tend to call anyway? Obviously this is hugely player dependent.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the general consensus is that when someone does this they have a weakish hand, not a monster?

[/ QUOTE ]

no not in my eyes. it can be either or. the deciding factor is

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously this is hugely player dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]