Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: About to sign-up at PSO for first time. Advice?

Also make sure you check out their forums occasionally as they have occasional bonus promos. Last week they gave 12k points for Poker Room 400 points.

And as everyone else has said...Rakeback on Absolute >>> 9k points or any other bonus. NJ chips are great and I'm keeping my set. Paradise is damn easy to clear and their bonuses clear fairly well at 1/2 and I don't believe there is rakeback available for them.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:15 AM

If you plan on clearing bonuses at Absolute in the future, go for rakeback. They don't deduct your bonuses from your MGR, so you get the same rakeback as if you weren't clearing a bonus.

The three easiest rooms to clear at PSO are (in no particular order) Party Poker, Bodog, and Full Tilt. FT is not an upgrade room (so you only get $60 for them) and you should play Stud if you're playing at Bodog (but you don't have to know how to play Stud in order to beat the players there, just immediately fold everything that isn't at least a pair, three flush, or three straight).
Old 01-06-2006, 07:46 AM

Instant bankroll on party through PSO: beats any other signup bonus on party.

Full Tilt: 5 hours of 4tabling 1/2, was easy to do. Found the playerbase rather small and don't plan on playing there in the future.

Pokerroom: Huge bonus, and there are skins that you still can get rakeback on if you plan on playing there in the future. I can highly reccommend pokerroom! And not only becauce I left 300BB+ there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bodog: very easy to clear with very very bad players. Unfortunately you can't use pokertracker, but if you just play your regular TAG game you can win lots of money here. I totally sucked here, but that's my own fault [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've read on the PSO forums these were the easiest todo (and paradise, but I did a 50% up to 100 there allready) and those guys were right. I live in the Netherlands so I can only buy amazon.co.uk certificates with them, so PSO provided me with a shtload of pokerbooks for free.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should play Stud if you're playing at Bodog (but you don't have to know how to play Stud in order to beat the players there, just immediately fold everything that isn't at least a pair, three flush, or three straight).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because the games are so fishy or because the requirements clear faster at stud?
Old 01-06-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should play Stud if you're playing at Bodog (but you don't have to know how to play Stud in order to beat the players there, just immediately fold everything that isn't at least a pair, three flush, or three straight).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because the games are so fishy or because the requirements clear faster at stud?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both.

Because Bodog only gives you "points" if you contribute to the pot, Stud is great because you post a tiny ante every hand, so you always contribute to the pot. This way, you earn Bodog points quicker. And the players generally stink.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:35 PM

I did the $150.00 instant bankroll on Party for my first promo - highly recommended. Super easy to clear, and you get the money in your account pretty quickly. I'd do that one first and then move to the NJs. I went for the 12,000 points on pokerroom deal and I regret every second of it. Not because of PSO - those guys are awesome, but completely because of pokerroom. I can't wait to clear the bonus and get the hell out of there. In retrospect, I just got greedy. 12,000 points and $40.00 bonus was just too much to pass up.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Party is definitely the easiest and if you haven't signed up yet do paradise and pokerrewards which is a prima poker site. At low levels since they increased the rake requirement Absolute is quite a bit harder than any of the above. These are the easiest to clear if you play lower limits.