Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: attention players that can get to oceans11

[ QUOTE ]
Horrible stack depleting losses at $.25/.50 are $10.
Horrible stack depleting losses at $3/6 are $120.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm ... obviously, you have no idea how horrible stack-depleting losses can get.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:45 AM

I've gone through a horrrrible slump yes. I'm in a slump now (though I'm more seasoned and far less worried than I was before).

I was merely stating that if you buy in for a standard 20BB and have a bad night it looks worse when you're tracking your wins and losses.

The real key questions about the decision are:
Am I willing to put more money at risk than I ever have before?
Do I trust the games are as soft as he claims?

My answer is "I'll have to work on my poker-face."
Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 AM

Z, we aren't comparing .25/.50 and 3/6 in terms of horrible stack-depleting losses - we're comparing 2/4 and 3/6. You simply can't lose that much more at 3/6 than you'd be able to lose at 2/4 and the more favorable rake and blind structure makes it even less likely. Trust me on this one, it's not like making the 2/4-3/6 leap online. Also the 2/4 game is in the back room where they don't have auto-shufflers and the 3/6 tables are in the front where they do have them. As a result you get more hands in per hour.

That being said, if the possibility of losing $120 is not palatable then you'd probably best not play. I did manage to lose $100 one night but I was card dead to begin with and I got rivered out of two big ($80+) pots, including a 3-outer stomach punch to lose a $100 pot which would have salvaged the night.

They generally run 1-3 3/6 tables. The wait can be 30-60 minutes at times. There's not much selection but the players are so bad it doesn't matter. The softness of the games is real - however, playing against bad players certainly is no guarantee of a winning session. I can attest to that.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:17 AM

I certainly understand the concept of losing to bad players. That is at the core of poker itself. I'll probably head there one of these weekends when I have the time and confidence. Perhaps this weekend before school hits full swing. Thank you for the input.