Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: what will Borg cash games be like this Sat 1/27?

[ QUOTE ]
Why not visit the Hilton or the Showboat House of Blues?

Less wait, better lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive only been to borg, taj and trop, i fear change i guess. ive been wanting to switch it up especially this weekend with the waits at borg. which would you recommend showboat or hilton. overall(players, dealers, drinks, atmosphere) thanks. for 1/2 btw
Old 01-24-2007, 03:41 PM

Would it be a good idea to come really early in the morning on Saturday, or would the wait list still be too long then?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict a 3 hour wait for 1-2NL and a 1-1.5 hour wait for 2-5NL (well, that's about what it was last Saturday) during prime hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to the Borg around 2 PM last Saturday and waited about 45 minutes for a 1-2 seat. The list was about 40 deep but was moving very fast. Later it appeared the waits were much longer. So, you may not have to get there super-early to have a manageable wait.

The table was highly favorable and certainly worth the 45 minute wait.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 PM

which would you recommend showboat or hilton. overall(players, dealers, drinks, atmosphere) thanks. for 1/2 btw

The Showboat House of Blues Poker (HOB) room is pretty concealed do it does not get a lot of traffic. Since it does not get as much traffic, the room does not get as busy. The games are still very soft imho. The HOB has at least 4 1-2 games going. They serve Red Bull there, if that helps your drink selection. The HOB has a party like atmosphere. Players that want to gamble and enjoy themselves. You will not find too many of the "Rounders" type player. HOB also has automatic shufflers, which makes the game go a lot quicker.

The Hilton has the nicest poker room of all the rooms in AC. They have a large room and they spread at least 10-12 1-2 no limit games at once. The Hilton room reminds me of what the Borgata room looked like when it first opened in 2002.

The room is located across from the high limit gambling pit, so the room gets a lot of traffic. Normal lineup for a 1-2 game, nobody that plays that well.

Check it out and write a trip report. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Do the Hilton and HOB spread 2/5 ever? And am I to assume it is softer than the Trop (which was pretty soft when I was there in late December).
Old 01-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Last Saturday the Showboat had a 2/5NL table going all day (I got there at 10:30am and it was going) and at times they had 2. For anyone who's been to Showboat before, you know this means they were SWAMPED (they often don't get a 2/5 table going).

I played 1/2NL and it was juicy (i.e. I could beat the drunken and/or stoned donkies).
Old 01-24-2007, 04:35 PM

I was at the HOB of Saturday, first time. The 1-2 game played just about the same as every other 1-2 game. I don't know if it's the lighting or the clientel, but the atmosphere isn't quite as fun as the Borg. And I lost with a set to a str8 draw, which probably doesn't help my impression. None the less, i saw a guy get paid off twice with quads. On a TTT board, he stacked 55, 99 and AK. I gave the waitress a 5 for the first drink and it seemed like she had my drink on the tray for the rest of the night. They have a bad beat jackpot, which I don't like, as getting $4 raked from the pot is enough IMO, now it's 5. Other than that, you can shuffle the chips and the wait was zero. I still prefer the Borg. Will check out the Hilton next time I am in AC.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:46 PM

Do the Hilton and HOB spread 2/5 ever?

Both do, the Hilton will have at least 3 or 4 2-5 N/L games going. The HOB had one 2-5 N/L game going.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 PM

with the showboat running MTT's every day at 11am, 7pm and 11pm (I believe the latter two were added more recently), there is more side game spillover at the HOB then there used to be.

this past saturday there actually was a waiting list for $2/4 LHE, and a full table of $3/6. all the $1/2 NL you want too, and a $2/5 opened at one point.

there is almost always at least one person per table at showboat who has never played live poker in their life before, or at the very least, performs like it.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with the showboat running MTT's every day at 11am, 7pm and 11pm (I believe the latter two were added more recently), there is more side game spillover at the HOB then there used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

They also run a 2pm tourny every day.

[ QUOTE ]
there is almost always at least one person per table at showboat who has never played live poker in their life before, or at the very least, performs like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL