FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the concept good?
Yes! The basic concept is terrific! 6 66.67%
It is ok, but not great 3 33.33%
No, the basic concept doesn't make for a good game 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Is my co-worker a douche for trying to \"help\" me

What really happened: He worked up the cojones to steal your ipod. But then he freaked out thinking of ways he might get busted so he came up with a clever cover story. Seriously.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 AM

You're heard of ass pennies, right? I'm just saying, you might want to handle the iPod with gloves and give it a good washing before using it again.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 AM

Revenge is totally underrated. You are not a man if you suffer a slight and do not take revenge.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it at all possible that he may have had some thought about stealing it, but then decided against it for some reason? Perhaps his conscience was bothering him, or maybe he was worried that someone saw him go into your office?

I realize that you say you don't believe anyone in your office would steal from you...but people *generally* don't expect their co-workers and friends to steal from them...and yet they sometimes do anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, Hopeless, WTF with your avatar. I'll bring back tuq and AsH if you switch back. Thanks.

Secondly, while your suggestion isn't out of the realm of possibility, this guy sounds more like a socially inept douche than anything. But we need more info on him regardless - is he sketchy, a douche, anal retentive, lonely, etc.? We all know those people who do retarded things to try to score points and fit in, this sounds like one of those guys.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, Hopeless, WTF with your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You don't like meth-dude??? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I'll bring back tuq and AsH if you switch back. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do miss Mr. kEtChUm...if you switch back I'll think about bringing back the urinal-guy.

[ QUOTE ]

Secondly, while your suggestion isn't out of the realm of possibility, this guy sounds more like a socially inept douche than anything. But we need more info on him regardless - is he sketchy, a douche, anal retentive, lonely, etc.? We all know those people who do retarded things to try to score points and fit in, this sounds like one of those guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we need more details about the douche in question.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:40 AM

No he's not a socially inept douche or a jerk or anything. He's a nice guy and we've never had problems, though we don't see each other outside of work unless it's at a work function. I don't think he'd steal from me but I also don't think he's dumb enough to think THAT was the best solution even if he only thought about it for a split second.

Also I think that anybody with enough of a conscience to feel guilty after taking it with bad intentions wouldn't have taken it in the first place. If you're enough of a jerk to take a $400 possession of someone you know has never done anything bad to you, then you're enough of a jerk to follow through.

After thinking about it, I think it was 50% keeping my crap safe and 50% screwing around with me.

I'll get it back tomorrow, pretend I don't think what he did was stupid, tell him to call me next time, and start locking anything worth more than $20 in my desk or keeping it on me.

Damn. A year of no paranoia whatsoever and now I have to feel like taking my [censored] is part of everyone's daily routine.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Where was he when he phoned you?

It seems odd that he would say "did you notice you left your I-pod on you desk" if he had no reason to think you were not right at your desk looking for it. How and the heck could you "notice" if you were driving home.

Wouldn't someone say..."hey, you left your i-pod at work."

I think knowing where he was calling from is important. If he saw you coming back in he might have freaked.

Either way, I doubt he'll mess with your stuff again, but keep an eye out.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think he might have had another reason tho, just dunno what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

you've been paranoid ever since that poltergeist raided your garage
Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 AM

not sure exactly what makes me think this, but my gaydar is going berserk- this guy is trying to bone you.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 AM

I don't understand why he thought your ipod was at a huge risk of theft, but your laptop might as well be nailed to your desk. Protecting one but not the other is pretty ridic. I'd say the dude is a douche, but overall it's not a big deal.