Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: My first site

[ QUOTE ]
Colt,

Are those just sites for webmasters to create backlinks or is there an actual use for an online bookmark?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're social bookmarking sites. People use them to keep their bookmarks online and to share their bookmarks with others. They're not really designed specifically for backlinks.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM

Colt can you explain a bit further how those link and RSS feeds work> Im totally new at this and I really don't have any idea what you said above. ty
Old 01-24-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Colt can you explain a bit further how those link and RSS feeds work> Im totally new at this and I really don't have any idea what you said above. ty

[/ QUOTE ]

Just go to the sites and follow the instructions to create pages and add your link.

As for the RSS stuff, it's like a data feed that people can subscribe to to be updated when you post to your blog. I'm not a techie either and not really sure exactly how it works. For Blogger, your RSS URL will be your regular URL with /atom.xml added. Each of those bookmark sites will also create an RSS feed that will include your bookmarked URL to your blog.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:06 PM

EdmVan, an RSS feed is a portable format of each post in your blog. When someone "subscribes" to your RSS feed a program periodically checks the RSS feed for updates. If there's an update then they see the new content. When there isn't an update they don't waste time going to the site. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]