Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: TT weak turn play? 5/10 Party

I've been thinking a lot about my preflop capping with QQ-TT in general. I've been telling myself that capping makes it a lot easier on the flop to sniff out an AK vs higher pairs on a non Ace/King flop, but I'm not so sure this logic makes since. Especially since when an A or K comes I'm stuck:
1) Trying to convince the guys with higher pairs that I have AK and....
2) Bet/folding in hands like this when my opponent(s) show any aggression.

If I just call the 3-bet preflop, then I feel lost on the flop and feel my opponent knows exactly what I have. So then I don't know if he is just raising his AK against what he thinks AK, QQ-TT.... or is he betting his bigger pair for value? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

When I cap preflop, I feel much better with the bet/fold line of thinking, but hands like this post make me wonder if I'm giving up too much.

Any advice? I feel playing QQ-TT postflop is the hardest thing for me to do in limit poker right now.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: TT weak turn play? 5/10 Party

When villain raises the flop I figure I'm dead to a Ten. Getting 3-bet preflop by a villain with PFR of 5% and then getting raised on the flop means you are losing to AA/KK, with AA being the most likely of the two. On the turn, it's an easy fold, because now the loose button has woken up (most likely after having turned trips with A2s). You are beat in two spots on the turn. I think that even if it was one bet to me on the turn I would have little trouble folding.